Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company creation out of control

CSA Captain

Company creation out of control

Seems like most companies are just 1 or 2 guys with hardly any enlisted men. What can be done to catalyze the condensation of these companies so the Community is comprised of fewer, larger, companies? Small lines really kills immersion IMO. Perhaps limit the tool to only companies that participated in the Maryland campaign?

That's why the company tool will be in place later. Hinkel even wrote about a system they had in mind in order to restrict companies to only people that have enough men.

CSA Major

I dont see why it matters companies will really only be used in private servers with specific rules, owners of these servers would probably restrict micro lines from joining. Then in public servers it'll probably be sparatic anyway with small lines running everywhere

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Fisterbottom View Post
    I dont see why it matters companies will really only be used in private servers with specific rules, owners of these servers would probably restrict micro lines from joining. Then in public servers it'll probably be sparatic anyway with small lines running everywhere
    Which is why I'm really, really curious to hear how the devs plan to make this game tactically playable in public servers, without ending up like another Warband NW public battle server game, where everyone just randomly runs towards the enemy, aka simple group deathmatch.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by M. Johnson View Post
    Which is why I'm really, really curious to hear how the devs plan to make this game tactically playable in public servers, without ending up like another Warband NW public battle server game, where everyone just randomly runs towards the enemy, aka simple group deathmatch.
    I wouldnt be that worried, I've played alot of NW and while you arnt going to have people doing time period specific tactics obviously, people still tend to group up and stick near their teamates anyway

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Still not as bad as NW or NAS

USA Lieutenant General

Once the game is released I am sure most these companies will dissolve reason being is 1 or two guys will not cut it.

CSA Brigadier General

Ita been said before my the devs they plan a system where you form a company in the tool and it will be listed as training so can use the drill camp as a company then once ita up to 10 people it will be signed off by a Dev as enlisted and can take part in the historical battles hopefully being run by the Devs to avoid special silly rulea Private servers create that stifle games.

That said a 5 nan company could join a skirmish game or a private historical battle but for the offical battle mode it means you won't be getting silly 3 man units mc

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Ita been said before my the devs they plan a system where you form a company in the tool and it will be listed as training so can use the drill camp as a company then once ita up to 10 people it will be signed off by a Dev as enlisted and can take part in the historical battles hopefully being run by the Devs to avoid special silly rulea Private servers create that stifle games.

That said a 5 nan company could join a skirmish game or a private historical battle but for the offical battle mode it means you won't be getting silly 3 man units mc
    That's not how it's gonna work from what I've read. You just wont be able to claim a company until it has 10 men, and it was just an idea, they never said it would work like that as far as I know.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That's not how it's gonna work from what I've read. You just wont be able to claim a company until it has 10 men, and it was just an idea, they never said it would work like that as far as I know.
    I heard the same.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers