Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Units

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Will this include all the correct colours of some of the less know ranks? ie. Orange: dragoons, Emerald green: medical corps or Crimson: ordnance. I'm sure you already know this but thought I'd ask anyway.
    Well, I will say that Dragoons and the Medical Corps have a chance at being on the battlefield, however I do not think we will be including Ordinance. For the most part, those in the Ordinance Department were staff positions, and did not go onto the field, but stayed at a posting of some kind, such as at a fort.
    As for Dragoons, while the 1st and 2nd US Cavalry had both previously been dragoons prior to the war, they had been reorganized to be light and heavy cavalry during the Civil War, and with the possible exception of a state militia unit or two, there were no dragoons to be found during the Maryland Campaign.
    As for the Medical Corps, there might be a chance to include them in the field. However, we are a little early in our development to say either way (the old refrain).
    What are your guys' thoughts? Should the Medical Corps be included? Is it advantageous to include them, even considering that this role would take away players from the more important roles such as the lowly, footslogging privates?
    Last edited by GeorgeCrecy; 10-22-2014 at 07:21 AM.

USA General of the Army

If they could hack peoples legs off then I'm all for it!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

As long as the medical system is realistic, and doesn't just require you to fold f on an injured person, I'm also all for it.

USA General of the Army

Hahahaha! Yes! 18th Massachusetts fought at Shepherdstown! THAT is a uniform I want to see in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Hahahaha! Yes! 18th Massachusetts fought at Shepherdstown! THAT is a uniform I want to see in game!
    Interesting look...

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Much as I know it was only a training uniform I still think it would just add a bit texture to the otherwise bland union uniforms.

if there are no musicians this game will be unplayable

So what about the 24th GA Infantry they were in the Maryland campaign , also i think they were at the battle of Antietam not for sure though!?

Hey there CivilWarMan, the 24th GA were indeed at Antietam, they were in Longstreet's Corps, McLaws' Division, Cobb's Brigade. As being with McLaws, they took part in the Siege of Harper's Ferry on the Maryland Heights, fighting against the Union men stationed there, eventually overwhelming their position from the disheartened and leader-less Yankees. They then helped engagement at Antietam, with four killed, thirty-nine wounded, and two missing.

USA Major

Will the Philadelphia brigade be included ? They historically fought in the cornfield and the west woods at antitam.