Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Failed to load Game DLL Error

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by IamFuzzyBear View Post
    Alright, I tried to do an across the board update with the Windows update tool, but it kept failing, and I was confused as to why. I just figured it out. The prerequisite for downloading update 2999226 (quoted above) is update 2919355, released in April 2014. I did not have that update for whatever reason, and because of this, the quoted update didn't work. So I went back and manually updated 2919355, which indecently, was necessary for all future updates to Windows 8.1. So now I'm waiting for Windows update to check for all of the new updates I've missed (which is taking quite a while). This should solve Cjk's error because I ran into the same thing.

Now after all of my updating, WoR still doesn't work. So it seems that the only remaining issue is to install update 2999226, but its being cantankerous. I will post again when I have an update on my updates.
    SO!?!?!?!

CSA Captain

@CjkCJkCjk You tried to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 right ? i am wondering why this should fail...maybe you have this already but "not applicable" could also mean that you have downloaded the wrong version like 32-Bit
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    @CjkCJkCjk You tried to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 right ? i am wondering why this should fail...maybe you have this already but "not applicable" could also mean that you have downloaded the wrong version like 32-Bit
    I have a 64 bit and I download the 64 bit and it comes up with that message in the installer