Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Failed to load Game DLL Error

CSA Major

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX (including older versions)?

CSA Captain

i am currently running the latest DirectX version 11, which one should i try ? which one are you using ?
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Try disabling all your anti virus programs as well as firewall and try again (verifying files, or a new clean download).

- Trusty
    I'm not entirely sure this is the issue because I use Windows Defender, which is not a robust anti-virus program. I'm also hesitant to drop my firewall because I'm in an apartment building and I don't fully trust the internet security here. However, I could potentially use my work internet the next time I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Okay, try running WoR as an admin and see if that helps if disabling anti virus programs doesn't.

- Trusty
    I went into the Steam Common files and ran WoR as an Admin like this: WoR_RunAdmin.jpg

And this is what happened: WoR_MissingFile.jpg Which was then followed by our good friend: WoR_Error.jpg

So I suppose this means I have to reinstall from a better connection without a firewall? I don't know why else that file would have failed to download. Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by IamFuzzyBear View Post
    I'm not entirely sure this is the issue because I use Windows Defender, which is not a robust anti-virus program. I'm also hesitant to drop my firewall because I'm in an apartment building and I don't fully trust the internet security here. However, I could potentially use my work internet the next time I get a chance.

I went into the Steam Common files and ran WoR as an Admin like this: WoR_RunAdmin.jpg

And this is what happened: WoR_MissingFile.jpg Which was then followed by our good friend: WoR_Error.jpg

So I suppose this means I have to reinstall from a better connection without a firewall? I don't know why else that file would have failed to download. Any help would be appreciated!
    Try installing the things from this post: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...9721#post39721

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Try installing the things from this post: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...9721#post39721
    I downloaded all four links and the first and third files failed because there was already a newer version of the software on my computer (I guess that's a good thing). The other two files prompted me to repair or uninstall, so I had them repair. I did a system reboot and tried to play again and got the same errors as before.

What else should I try?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    You may want to try updating your Microsoft .NET software.

USA General of the Army

Try the steps here. Make sure you get the right version, 32 or 64 bit.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    You may want to try updating your Microsoft .NET software.
    installed the latest version....no changes. Thanks for the hint though

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Captain

anyone who suffered from this got any further ? any info would be appreciated

- Iced Earth

USA Major

got a brand new build PC here today, after installing all the essential drivers etc.. the first thing was to launch WoR obviously.
    And well i have the exact same problem, will elaborate tomorrow need to get some sleep now
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=398&dateline=14457033  52