Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut Companies

Connecticut Companies

So I know I am currently in a Confederate Company - but I am actually from Connecticut. I know a fair amount about the 14th Connecticut Infantry Regiment, and that Companies A and B both were given the Sharp's rifle while the rest of the regiment received the Springfield. I know they fought in Antietam, but the remainder of their engagements appear to have been in Virginia.

Does anyone know of a Connecticut Company that has been created yet? Since they did fight in Antietam, I would assume that the dev's would allow them to be considered "historically accurate" for this game?

Thanks for any help

-Tom G

USA Brigadier General

here you can find a order of the union army plus every company which didn't take part at Antietam but is formed here.

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...mpany-Overview

and here you have a list of all formed companies

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...1-Company-List

i didnt find a Connecticut company so sry :/
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Hey man no worries - I appreciate the feedback! I think a lot of CT Companies were absorbed into NY and PA regiments. I'll have to do more research.

USA Brigadier General

yeah thats possible. i read that somewhere. also a lot of missouri regiments were absorbed by NY regiments.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

I just joined, but I used to lead the 6th CT Regiment in the half life 2 revolutionary war mod. I'd possibly be interested in creating a CT unit for the union army.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by MurMur View Post
    I just joined, but I used to lead the 6th CT Regiment in the half life 2 revolutionary war mod. I'd possibly be interested in creating a CT unit for the union army.
    Connecticut is one of those states currently under-represented with active regiments in-game. I lived there for about 10 years some time ago and I know there's a lot of Civil War pride there. I'm just finishing up a book written by my friend John Banks called Connecticut Yankees at Antietam that recounts soldier stories from the 8th, 11th, 14th and 16th Connecticut regiments who fought at Antietam.

USA Captain

Id definitely be interested in helping form the 14th CT Regiment.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by MurMur View Post
    Id definitely be interested in helping form the 14th CT Regiment.
    Here is a basic history. They fought in the same vicinity as the 8th Ohio just to their right and more in the rear facing up against Alabama regiments.

From the monument at Antietam:

Advanced to this point in a charge about 9:30 A.M., September 17th, 1862, then fell back eighty-eight yards to a cornfield fence and held position heavily engaged nearly two hours; then was sent to the support of the first brigade of its division at the Roulette Lane two hours; then was sent to the extreme left of the first division of this Corps to the support of Brooke’s Brigade and at 5 P.M. was placed in support between the Brigades of Caldwell and Meagher of that Division, overlooking “Bloody Lane”, holding position there until 10 A.M. of the 18th when relieved.

This monument stands on the line of Companies B and G near the left of the Regiment. In this battle the Regiment lost 38 killed and mortally wounded, 88 wounded and 21 reported missing.

From the brigade marker on the Antietam battlefield:

Morris’ Brigade relieved Weber’s and took position on the rise of ground just north of the Bloody Lane; the 108th New York east of Roulette’s Lane, the 14th Connecticut and 130th Pennsylvania west of it. Here supported and afterwards reinforced by Kimball’s Brigade, it maintained a severe contest, losing heavily in killed and wounded. In the latter part of the engagement, the 14th Connecticut was sent to reinforce Richardson’s Division on the left.

They captured 5 stands of colors in repulsing Picketts Charge as well... good stuff.

http://civilwarintheeast.com/us-regi...h-connecticut/
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-02-2018 at 04:58 PM.

USA Captain

Awesome! I'm still new to the game, but ran realism units in DoD, DoD:s, Insurgency, DOI and Battleground 2. I would be interested in helping start the 14th CT if I had some good NCOs and a good XO.

I'm still very new to the game but would love to help form a CT regiment. I'm a Connecticut native and had the pleasure of portraying an officer in the 1st CT Cav.