Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Companies

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    You can still link it in the tool.. use it as a communication with others
    Or for advertising.
    True.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Heads up since the company tool is pretty much released. I will be cracking down on this A LOT MORE!
    I think that's wrong with the game bot yet released people will be flitting in and out. You don't know the circumstances why that persons not updated the thread in a while? Or the company could be active not using the thread but growing on the tool and using the steam group. I think you have to be careful with that kind of talk.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    I think that's wrong with the game bot yet released people will be flitting in and out. You don't know the circumstances why that persons not updated the thread in a while? Or the company could be active not using the thread but growing on the tool and using the steam group. I think you have to be careful with that kind of talk.
    Those that have a nice forum or look like they have put effort are not in danger. But those threads that are like this unit is taken or reserved that have little to nothing info on them will be purged.

"purged". Relax Adolf.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSquirts View Post
    "purged". Relax Adolf.
    doesn't comparing one of the moderators to Hitler usually result in either a ban or warning?

Also i think it's a great idea, why not remove dead threads from the company list this way it gives those who are looking for a company ease of access to them since the list will be that much shorter.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Those that have a nice forum or look like they have put effort are not in danger. But those threads that are like this unit is taken or reserved that have little to nothing info on them will be purged.
    agreed, you can not make a company and just leave it there waiting to you see fit when to be active. Lot of people out there who actually want to put in the time and effort. So i'm with you on this one, longer then 6 months then its over.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    agreed, you can not make a company and just leave it there waiting to you see fit when to be active. Lot of people out there who actually want to put in the time and effort. So i'm with you on this one, longer then 6 months then its over.
    But the game ain't out yet that surely has to be taken into account. Someone may have made the company ages ago then been holding off for playable content t to start being released like the skirmish mode. And let's be honest the way the tool works if you want that company that's not seen movement in a while nothings stopping you getting 10 people together and making it meaning when they get back they have to change the company letter.

There's nearly 1000 companies to choose from I don't see the rush to ban hammer. Once the games in full release by all means start to take a harder line.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Lieutenant General

the fact that you would look at the forum to see if the company is still alive is totally (in my opinion) wrong. just because someone doesn't use the forum doesn't mean there company forum post should be deleted even if you give them 7 days you legitmently have 0 right to get rid of it. the company tool is there for this reason if the company is inactive then people will leave it. I don't believe any moderator who decided this would be a good idea actually thought this through. I'm not saying it the worst you can do but surely someone could do better.

just my opinion on the matter.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    the fact that you would look at the forum to see if the company is still alive is totally (in my opinion) wrong. just because someone doesn't use the forum doesn't mean there company forum post should be deleted even if you give them 7 days you legitmently have 0 right to get rid of it. the company tool is there for this reason if the company is inactive then people will leave it. I don't believe any moderator who decided this would be a good idea actually thought this through. I'm not saying it the worst you can do but surely someone could do better.

just my opinion on the matter.
    THIS and Ill say it again is for those that claim a company and then post no effort to show that they claimed that company!

USA Lieutenant General

"If your company is inactive on the forums for 6 months - 1 year then a mod will comment and ask for a reply with in 7 days. If such mod does not get a reply within 7 days the thread will be deleted."

If i may reference this. this is the problem! inactivity on the forum for 6 months to a year. that means yes i would have to post every 6 months for you and the other moderators do not remove my forum post. but based on the company tool this and the idea is irrelivent. seeing as if i claim my company and don't post on here i will still own my company so long as i do not drop below the min amount of troops.

this would in an entirety means that you have gone threw great lengths to... might i dear say it... screw someone over. im not saying that the idea as a whole is bad its just flawed. and im sure that with more time and as this community developes it will be ironed out. Obviously yourself and others love the idea but alot of stuff based entirly off the community most of use came from i.e. North and South. this has given us ideas that may not form well inrelation to this new game like useing a forum to claim a company. thankfully the Dev's have made many changes to put a physical block to claiming of groups so no one man, may claim the rights to a regiment! WONDERFUL idea! and to set a minimum amount of troops need for a company and that if you fall below then you will lose it! forcing idle bags to get off their butts and try or face losing you company!

i know im ramibling but you need to put actual bearers not just the word of a person. (i will give an example) lets say you have an "bad relationship" with a Regiment and they dont post on the forum for over a year but are still active and still do events. Who and what is there to stop you from just saying, deleat that forum cuz they havent been active.

im not say you will nor can i say you or someone else wont but there are flaws that need to be worked out not just he said or she shit like this would/could be if you decide to really follow threw with it.

i don't often post on here. but when i do its for a reason. im not hear to get into heated disscutions, like i said its just my opinion and i do see faults. yes eveything good will have faults. BUT its better to take a step back and from a 3rd persons point of view try to see what is wrong!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Macliness; 10-17-2016 at 05:47 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A