Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Companies

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Not really lazyness I took my roster off the thread as there's one on the company tool. Far easier to work it there.
    It's a bot you just replied to plonker xD. Look at all the spam links.

If you buy a Sargent rank on pay pal and you connect it to the same email as you're account does it give you the rank, if not then how do you link the two.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by titusthecool1 View Post
    If you buy a Sargent rank on pay pal and you connect it to the same email as you're account does it give you the rank, if not then how do you link the two.
    Top left of your screen there should be something like "Claim badge" next to "Forum" and "Whats new?". Just follow the instructions it gives you and wait a few hours.
    6th Alabama Volunteer Regiment "2nd Battalion - Co. H & K"

Batt. Recruiter JT

Add me on steam under the name "[6thAL]SCpl. JT" if you're looking to join up.

Quote Originally Posted by JTW View Post
    Top left of your screen there should be something like "Claim badge" next to "Forum" and "Whats new?". Just follow the instructions it gives you and wait a few hours.
    Thank you

CSA Captain

To be honest, I have a ghost company myself under a different account. I've reserved it for future use once the game is released and have pretty much everything it needs already setup; including descriptions, discord, organisation, and so on. All it needs are players which at the moment are quite impossibly to attract to a startup company. If there's something that needs doing it's getting rid of these so-called battalions, conglomerates of companies which suck up more players that they're allowed too by the game's standards through meta organisation. Get rid of them and you'll see players join more diverse companies than just the handful collection active right now.

USA Major

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Captain

How is it stealing recruits, people tend to join the most active units, the ones they can actually see playing. By the way, if you are looking for a regiment, 6th Alabama Volunteer Infantry Regiment is looking for active members.
    Last edited by Mayer; 01-18-2018 at 10:43 PM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDewitt View Post
    To be honest, I have a ghost company myself under a different account. I've reserved it for future use once the game is released and have pretty much everything it needs already set up; including descriptions, discord, organization, and so on. All it needs are players which at the moment are quite impossible to attract to a startup company. If there's something that needs doing it's getting rid of these so-called battalions, conglomerates of companies which suck up more players that they're allowed too by the game's standards through meta-organization. Get rid of them and you'll see players join more diverse companies than just the handful collection active right now.
    To some extent you are right, however not all companies and batteries suck up players. There is plenty of smaller or medium-sized organizations that are part of a battalion.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

If people are being stolen from your regiment/company/whatever, that means they are not engaged by being a member so they might as well just not be in the unit, ergo, they leave with little convincing. I don't have a problem with this. If units are experiencing this as an active problem, they should take it as a sign that they need to look at themselves and maybe do some reformation to make the unit more appealing.

The recruit stealing I have a problem with is rank recruiting. Rank recruiting is where you go to a lowly private who probably wants to be a Sergeant or Lieutenant, promise them a rank/position if they join and soon the unit is just full of Sergeants and 1st Sergeants, three or four of which are even remotely competent. It can be hard to spot if a unit is doing this because at this stage in the game most people who were active a while ago were privates but did not stay long enough to be promoted so only the more loyal higher ranked remain.

CSA Major

We're marching inexorably forwards now, in both the year and with development.
    There will be a minor cull of regimental and brigade threads over the coming period if they have been inactive for over six months.

Please see to it that all information and threads are kept up to date.