Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Companies

CSA Major

I like the neatness and organizing the threads idea very much, too many and it's gets messy and confusing to say the least.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

CSA Captain

Too many companies are created, but I never get to see them on the battlefield. Good to see this thread.

Someone might want to purge the Company tools as well.

I counted 400+ 1 man companies. There is probably another 50 2-man companies.
    I don't see a point of initiating a company unless you at least 6.
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Someone might want to purge the Company tools as well.

I counted 400+ 1 man companies. There is probably another 50 2-man companies.
    I don't see a point of initiating a company unless you at least 6.
    No purge will take place.

You need 10 members to lock the company name.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    No purge will take place.

You need 10 members to lock the company name.

- Trusty
    If I understand you correctly if I start a company that is "mustering " (under 10) and I get to 10 first, then the name is mine and the first is SOL?
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    If I understand you correctly if I start a company that is "mustering " (under 10) and I get to 10 first, then the name is mine and the first is SOL?
    Yes you will need 10 guys to officially own the company. Others who have started the same company but failed to reach 10 guys will loose the possibility to get that particular company.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Playing the Devil's advocate here, I know, but what about companies that manage to muster 10 members, but then all of them fall off the grid? Is that company name simply lost to the sands of time?
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korvyr View Post
    Playing the Devil's advocate here, I know, but what about companies that manage to muster 10 members, but then all of them fall off the grid? Is that company name simply lost to the sands of time?
    No.

Anyone can pick it up and run with it. .... as long as it was an actual 1862 Maryland Campaign unit, which will be the only units available on the C.T.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    No.

Anyone can pick it up and run with it. .... as long as it was an actual 1862 Maryland Campaign unit, which will be the only units available on the C.T.
    How, though, if that name is locked to the 10 individuals who claimed it and then never returned? Is there a timer on companies where if they're inactive for X amount of months they get whacked?

Granted, this is a non-issue at the moment with so many to choose from, and certainly not a "feature" we want while the game is in development.

But the number of available companies is limited, however large the pot may currently be, and if this game explodes it could fill up.

Not to mention some of us history buffs look longingly upon some of history's most prominent companies that are being held by 10+ squatters that haven't been around in years.

Edit: Greedy of me, I know, but again I doubt we're the only ones who were reading history books to pick our own company and were derailed by long-gone claimants. Granted we were limited by looking for a regiment that was mostly empty in case we have overflow.
    Last edited by Korvyr; 10-19-2018 at 05:17 PM.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

USA Major

Agreed. For example, 69th New York has been monopolized for as long as I remember and to my knowledge none of the 8-10 companies are active or one of them may be 'barely' active. I started a thread on this:

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...n-Company-Tool