Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Officers club.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    So it would seem. My main question is how we dodged the pickets! We have two companies of men with us and we got by completely unchallenged!

Now Captain, I am truly thankful that we did happen upon this lodge that is filled with such fine gentlemen. Judging by your accent you must be from Louisiana! How about for this moment in time we, forget about this war and enjoy the evening together as gentlemen! Their can be no harm in it can there?
    Well, you see major, I am actually, from Spain, but yes, I have been living for quite some time on Louisiana, so that might be why.

*Whispers* I do not mind having gentlemen that have pledged themselves to other ``Powers´´but you must do some things before going into the room itself. You need to leave your weapons here. And your hats. And your frock coats... For obvious reasons.
    Now, I would give you a jacket, but if you were to be caught while wearing it, well, you would be called a spy and hanged.
    Of course, as men of honor you two gents are, I must have your word that you won´t try anything while in here. Im sure you understand.

So, what do you two gentlemen say?
    Captain Antonanzas
    10th Louisiana Infantry, Company A.
    “Lee´s Foreign Legion”

CSA Sergeant

I don't know if I'm an officer or not. Should pull up a seat or serve the dranks?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Stardog View Post
    I don't know if I'm an officer or not. Should pull up a seat or serve the dranks?
    Ehmm, until we are sure serve the drinks my good sir!
    Captain Antonanzas
    “Lee´s Foreign Legion”

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonanzas View Post
    Ehmm, until we are sure serve the drinks my good sir!

And while you're at it, my boots and spurs could stand a polishing.

USA General of the Army

Well, you see major, I am actually, from Spain, but yes, I have been living for quite some time on Louisiana, so that might be why.

*Whispers* I do not mind having gentlemen that have pledged themselves to other ``Powers´´but you must do some things before going into the room itself. You need to leave your weapons here. And your hats. And your frock coats... For obvious reasons.
    Now, I would give you a jacket, but if you were to be caught while wearing it, well, you would be called a spy and hanged.
    Of course, as men of honor you two gents are, I must have your word that you won´t try anything while in here. Im sure you understand.

So, what do you two gentlemen say?
    I'm sorry Captain but as a man of honour you understand fully that asking us to relieve ourselves of our personal side arms and worst of all out swords is out of the question. I am a touch offended that you thought it would be a good idea. As a southern officer you know that an officer must never hand over his sword unless surrendering.

Tis a pity that the evening must end like this but I believe the Captain and myself will show ourselves to the door and risk trying to get back through your alarming poor pickets. Good evening Captain; I hope not to have to face you in the field as it would be a dreadful shame.

*To Mr. McGee* Come along now Captain! Let us away before anyone else shows up and we end up prisoners!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I'm sorry Captain but as a man of honour you understand fully that asking us to relieve ourselves of our personal side arms and worst of all out swords is out of the question. I am a touch offended that you thought it would be a good idea. As a southern officer you know that an officer must never hand over his sword unless surrendering.

Tis a pity that the evening must end like this but I believe the Captain and myself will show ourselves to the door and risk trying to get back through your alarming poor pickets. Good evening Captain; I hope not to have to face you in the field as it would be a dreadful shame.

*To Mr. McGee* Come along now Captain! Let us away before anyone else shows up and we end up prisoners!
    Goodnight sir! It would really be shame to see each other in the battlefield, I wouldn´t want to take your sword when you surrender!

*To myself* Well, it seems that the strategy has worked. They are leaving, this meaning I don´t have to deal with charges of fraternizing with the enemy...
    Captain Antonanzas
    “Lee´s Foreign Legion”

CSA Captain

And now, my fellow officers of the glorious South, let us enjoy the evening, since those pesky gentlemen have left!
    Captain Antonanzas
    “Lee´s Foreign Legion”

USA Brigadier General

Whats then das hier? kan i get a schnitzel with kraut? but fast please. i have to goes and fight mit Sigel!

Ohh i thsink here is to much grau. mayb i am wrong hier?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Whats then das hier? kan i get a schnitzel with kraut? but fast please. i have to goes and fight mit Sigel!

Ohh i thsink here is to much grau. mayb i am wrong hier?
    What is this, a german in here? Really seems like an international club of gentlemen now...

Get this man what he is asking for!
    Captain Antonanzas
    “Lee´s Foreign Legion”

CSA Colonel

What is this, a german in here? Really seems like an international club of gentlemen now...

Get this man what he is asking for!
    I Do believe he is from a New York regiment though
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III