Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Officers club.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    ... (***wonders why General A.P. Hill has a Confederate General's name but a forum badge of the US General of the Army??)
    Apparently the result of some slacker ... they only made a U.S. General of the Army Badge, which is the tier I donated at. The top tier for the Confederates were Lt. Generals. I guess they forgot that there were several full generals in the Southern Service. I don't recall a single full general in the Union Service however.

It's been rather dull at the point lately.

The boys are itching for a real fight.
    Last edited by Colonel P. R. Page; 08-30-2016 at 12:33 AM.

USA Lieutenant General

[QUOTE=dmurray6;44216]Enters the room of esteemed Officers, tipping my slouch hat in Brigadier General Kyle's direction.

Good afternoon Sir's.....

"Tips Hat back at you, then says good afternoon Mr. Murray, Your first round is on me*

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Apparently the result of some slacker ... they only made a U.S. General of the Army Badge, which is the tier I donated at. The top tier for the Confederates were Lt. Generals. I guess they forgot that there were several full generals in the Southern Service. I don't recall a single full general in the Union Service however.
    Strictly speaking the rank you hold didn't exist until 1866 - so it's a bit unauthentic I guess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...United_States) naturally, there is no such rank for the CSA - both due to them not being around in '66 and them not having any variations in their General insignias.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Perhaps we are interpreting what "General of the Army" is or should be ... But, I respectfully disagree.

There were 8 full generals in the Confederate Services. Full Generals were appointed and approved in 1861.

And there was only 1 General in Charge of the Army. R.E. Lee. But that was only for a year, 1864 - 1865.

Interesting note about Lee. He made rank as far as a colonel in the U.S. Army. And the insignia on his coats reflected that rank during his service in the Civil War. Despite his promotions and etc., in the Confederate Service. He wore the Stars and uniform of a Colonel through 5 years of war. The man was an enigma. He swore to some friends that he would never raise his hand in anger against the Union. But if his state decided to succeed, then to protect his state he would do what was necessary. He considered the succession of the confederacy as treason and said so openly. But as a Virginian, he served for his state.

Perhaps we are interpreting what "General of the Army" is or should be ... But, I respectfully disagree.

There were 8 full generals in the Confederate Services. Full Generals were appointed and approved in 1861.

And there was only 1 General in Charge of the Army. R.E. Lee. But that was only for a year, 1864 - 1865.

Interesting note about Lee. He made rank as far as a colonel in the U.S. Army. And the insignia on his coats reflected that rank during his service in the Civil War. Despite his promotions and etc., in the Confederate Service. He war the Stars and uniform of a Colonel through 5 years of war. The man was an enigma. He swore to some friends that he would never raise his hand in anger against the Union. But if his state decided to succeed, then to protect his state he would do what was necessary. He considered the succession of the confederacy as treason and said so openly. But as a Virginian, he served for his state.
    We are using the actual rank General of the Army as made in 1866 along with its unique insignia. There is no such thing for the CSA counterpart.

Yeah, we saw his colonel stars at a museum in Richmond.

Anyways, enough off-topic - sorry guys. Don't let me interrupt your club!

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

*makes his apologies to T.J. and offers to buy him a cup of coffee or whatever he's drinking*

My bad, I didn't know you guys went outside the era to get this one. It's all good then. I'll sit down and shut up.

*makes his apologies to T.J. and offers to buy him a cup of coffee or whatever he's drinking*

My bad, I didn't know you guys went outside the era to get this one. It's all good then. I'll sit down and shut up.
    Sorry, I don't drink with the enemy! Woups.. did I say that out loud?

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Sorry, I don't drink with the enemy! Woups.. did I say that out loud?

- Trusty
    *grabs Trusty by his arm*

Follow me man. We will drink something with real soldiers and gentlemen
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

*sees them walking away hand in hand*

thats a lovely sight
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth