Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combat

If you plan on making the meleesystem less dominant, doesn't that make the gameplay a bit tedious? Depending on reload times you might just stand there for 5 minutes not doing much except reloading.

USA Captain

5 minutes of reloading? He must be very slow :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3jJE5yc-E

Melee was a huge or part of every war up untill about world war one.Where after losing thousends of men a day they learn to look in to diffrent sorts of warfare,such as bombs,gas and tanks.So i feel its important to have a good melee system that people will actully use rather then just as a last stand sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt-Frede View Post
    5 minutes of reloading? He must be very slow :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3jJE5yc-E
    Obviously with firing.... But you basicly just stand there doing nothing except firing every 20seconds. And I somewhat doubt the soldiers on the battlefield were so effective reloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    Melee was a huge or part of every war up untill about world war one.Where after losing thousends of men a day they learn to look in to diffrent sorts of warfare,such as bombs,gas and tanks.So i feel its important to have a good melee system that people will actully use rather then just as a last stand sort of thing.
    I second that.

Indeed.When shots and cannon balls are flying all around you its hard to reload quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Just out of curiosity... how far would you guys go with the realism regarding the lethality of getting shot if you were creating the game?

- Trusty
    Working with different hitboxes could help. Kind of like in Mount and Blade Warband. If you get hit in the leg you don't suffer so much damage as you get when you're hit in the stomach

WB system would be good if it was not so stuiped when it came to body parts and health.Like i was playing Native lastnight and i was shot in the neck and only lost half my health.A few lives later i was shot in the foot when i had full health died.....So if you do go for a system like that please for all are sakes make it the right way xD

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw View Post
    Working with different hitboxes could help. Kind of like in Mount and Blade Warband. If you get hit in the leg you don't suffer so much damage as you get when you're hit in the stomach
    I think a hitbox as in Red Orchestra 2 would be awsome .

Quote Originally Posted by Redclaw View Post
    This is most certainly something we'll use - and possibly expand that even further.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    the end of the civil war brought a glimpse of warfare of the future. trenches and long waiting times before an actual attack, just like WWII would be later. so depending on the theatre, melee wasnt as important as artillery and good shooting
    Mr Sulu, energize!