Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Screen Thread

Black Screen Thread

Hey guys,

My name is Anthony. I am the UI Engineer for the team.
    I am looking into the Black Screen issue that many of you have been having and I would like to get as many logs from you guys as I possible can.

If you're having trouble with the black screen, please upload your game.log or just reply to this thread that you have uploaded a report with the ErrorReporter.exe.
    The war of rights steam directory is usually located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\War of Rights. You can find both the error reporter and game.log in that location.

Additionally, if everyone could post their system specs, that would be great too. You can find what kind of graphics card by typing dxdiag on your start screen like this:

Take a screenshot of the first screen and attach it like this:

Then click on display 1 and upload that image as well.

Thanks, and I hope I can help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tuffant21; 08-18-2016 at 08:37 PM.

As mentioned before i think the error reporter isnt of any help because WE ARENT HAVING AN ERROR. The game runs normally but you just cant see anything. How can i prove that my game runs normally check out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZbCK7phq9Y on 13.33-13.35. There is my name on the players list even if i cant play anything because of the black screen! This must have been one of my hundrends of tries to eventually play the game(the double name isnt a bug as diplex said but my fault cause i accidentally opened the game twice at the same time). Also another piece of evidence that we are having a problem that is NOT an error is that whenever the map finishes loading and the game goes to black screen with the cursor on it(which means when the Picture of the drill camp gets fully coloured) i can actually hear people talking with the voice chat. Also one more thing i use the steam fps counter and every time i go to black screen the fps value changes till the cursor appears then it will freeze to the last value. I have already posted my game log in the thread sound but no Picture(2nd page of the thread) and my pc specs in the First page of the same thread. Also like MC said most times the game with either get stuck on the black screen with the cursor on it or will get minimised to the task bar. If it get to the task bar if you click on it it will be the same black screen with a cursor on it but the steam fps counter will have dissapeared. Except that exactly like MC said if you use the Windows task manager the game always seems to be working fine. But if you close it using the task manager it sometimes Works on the background(i mean that it appears on the background tasks on the task manager) and you have to close it both on the normal tasks and on the background tasks through the task manager otherwise it will continue working on steam(if you close it on the normal programms-tasks and it is on the background tasks it will continue working).

Ok, I just took a look at the information on the sound but no picture thread. Would you be able to upload the information for the system information from this pictures above? We're going to see if it is in any way related to the graphics cards as well. Additionally, I'm going to private message you my skype name so we can try to get this resolved.

ok here are the screenshots
    Attachment 4189
    Attachment 4190
    I know that most of the things in the screenshots are in greek so I can provide any translation needed.
    We can talk about this on skype even today but I need about an hour or so till I can do that(or we can also talk tomorrow I have no problem).

The attachments unfortunately arent opening for me

I'll be on for a few more hours though. Hopefully we can talk

eh I don't know how to post the screenshots otherwise
    Also lets talk tomorrow because I have no time currently. If you still need the screenshots could you tell me another way to attach them to a post or to send them to you in another way?
    Last edited by The Fearless Hussar; 08-18-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Yea, I just needed your graphics card info, but I saw you already posted that hehe

VGA MSI R9 380 Gaming 4GB

Anyway, I'll be on tomorrow around 10:30 am CST (Central Standard Time)

USA Captain

Used the error reporter, directed it to the logs and uploaded.
    DXDIAG 1 - http://imgur.com/a/w4prG
    DXDIAG 2 - http://imgur.com/a/m07Dn

Anything else I can provide to help, i'll be happy to do so.

tuffant tell me when you see my pm.

Got it, just replied!