Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns swinging around when first aimed

Guns swinging around when first aimed

Having participated in my first reenactment today, and firing multiple times, I can confirm there is absolutely no such thing as your rifle swinging around when you first aim. Even with my arms extremely tired, I could hold it as stable as a rock on the ground. My arms shook slightly, however this made no effect on the rifle itself.

Personally I think the mechanic should be replaced by a different one: your gun drooping if aiming it for too long, and there being a regeneration on this when not aiming.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Major

Did you fire live rounds or blanks? I have absolutly no eyperience in firing a gun besides clicking on mbutton 1 :P I could imagine it's a whole different thing with live rounds when it comes to recoil, sway and exhaustion

Only powder, though this should still be valid for the first time you aim.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Only powder, though this should still be valid for the first time you aim.
    Did you fear for your life? Did you see your friends slaughtered in front of you?

- Trusty

True enough, though I'd imagine it being moreso vibrating rather than having a stroke

Besudes, this is in Drill Camp, where noone dies.

Maybe adding it in with a morale mechanic, however...

USA Captain

So you're saying it should be the other way around? Starting off fairly steady but with sway kicking in if you keep aiming for too long?

USA Captain

Lightbulb

True enough, though I'd imagine it being moreso vibrating rather than having a stroke

Besudes, this is in Drill Camp, where noone dies.

Maybe adding it in with a morale mechanic, however...
    I have seen similar moral Systems in Games like Red Orchestra 2 or Battlefield.
    If you are being shot at or bombarded your aim becomes unstable and its much harder to aim or fire at your target aswell as your view becomes effected

I Could imagine that a similar effect would be an nice addition and it perhaps improves the game to a more life like impression of being in an actual
    dangerous situation. Which might add some sort of real moral into the game.

For the Aim I like how it is at the moment, with a little bit of rifle shaking ;D But if it becomes harder the longer you are aiming, which sounds logical to me. I would be fine with that.

(sorry for my English have a Cookie )
    Lucky
    Last edited by Lucky; 08-21-2016 at 01:20 PM.

CSA Captain

the only problem I see is its going to make you more accurate, Which is good for you but also bad for you because your enemies would also be more accurate, I want to be in a shoot out with people for more than 3 shots but if to accurate then we will be forced to make shootouts quick, Which will also decrease the amount of charges, And the game is gonna get boring if it is only shooting so people are gonna want to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    So you're saying it should be the other way around? Starting off fairly steady but with sway kicking in if you keep aiming for too long?
    Yep. And if it was tied to a RO2-alike morale system, this would also solve Wildcat's problem.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    the only problem I see is its going to make you more accurate, Which is good for you but also bad for you because your enemies would also be more accurate, I want to be in a shoot out with people for more than 3 shots but if to accurate then we will be forced to make shootouts quick, Which will also decrease the amount of charges, And the game is gonna get boring if it is only shooting so people are gonna want to charge.
    Charges rarely happened during the war. And when they did happen it was quick and bloody. You have to remember that these rifles were accurate, sometimes 10-20% or more of the line could be taken out of action in one volley.

I do agree though that the rifles sway way too much.

I also have to say that shooting blanks doesn't put wear and tear on your body like live rounds do. Live rounds tire you out alot faster.
    It should never be completely steady but it shouldn't be as bad as it is unless you've been aiming for a while.

Also, when in combat your training kicks in and you do your job. Aim being too unsteady because of combat is not a valid reason imo.
    Last edited by Legion; 08-21-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion