Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Guns swinging around when first aimed

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    many timesi have missed targets at 25yds in this game cause of the sway is almost comical at best stupid at worst the sway is just way to much
    also my 600m gun prob weights at least 24lbs so yes weight matters but i dont shoot that standing up on a rest or prone
    That is because you get afraid not to hit. You know you just got that one shoot or you will die! And that is what's make this game great! The feeling of reality I know because i also miss alot

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Have you ever put your hands on a War of Southern Independence era Rifle/Musket?. Sounds like you havent. I dont need to read books on this topic guy, I actually shoot. Anyone who says a War of Southern Independence era rifle is this wobbly is out of their damn mind! And maybe not everyone is scared as you are.
    Not a musket, but a lot of eny thing else in the Danish Army:

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Did you fear for your life? Did you see your friends slaughtered in front of you?

- Trusty
    So by your logic... you're only fearful for your life the first five seconds of aiming? As the aiming process gets considerably stabilized after that. But what does a Confederate know?!
    Last edited by Goad; 01-10-2018 at 03:46 AM.

The sway as it is post-stabilization is perfectly fine; people have the issue with your guy jerking his weapon up and down, up and down in a parodical style of sway for 6 seconds before calming down from perfectly standing still, not exhausted at all, and not under fire or anything. It seems incredibly out of proportion if you fixed that most people wouldn't care.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 01-10-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Agreed. I would like to see the initial few seconds of extreme sway removed. It does not make sense.

CSA Captain

Can't speak about realism regarding weapon sway, all i've fired is an M/95 from a prone position. But from my perspective it certainly makes for annoying gameplay though, especially considering the rambo officers the game is currently dealing with.
    6th Alabama Volunteer Regiment "2nd Battalion - Co. H & K"

Batt. Recruiter JT

Add me on steam under the name "[6thAL]SCpl. JT" if you're looking to join up.

USA Lieutenant General

I'd really like to see other factors come into play regarding the gun sway. Initially it should be quite stable IMO, just as a soldier would aim during target practice without any real duress. But the sway could then increase based on a number of factors, including the bayonet (perhaps not as absurdly as it currently is, at least not by itself), or an artillery shell landing nearby, the suppression effect from a volley, being grazed/getting blood splattered on you from a dead comrade standing beside you, etc. Even a near miss could cause a bit of a flinch if you're also aiming, which encourages you to fire before the other guy.

CSA Major

Its kind of related to swing - one thing that has been bugging me of late is the length of time it takes to bring the musket up into the shoulder, and it often makes the difference between me getting shot or not. I have fired most British Army infantry weapons and even with the relatively long SLR it wouldn't have taken me as long as it seems to take with the in-game muskets to get the weapon into the aim.

As gentlemen who actually own and fire muskets, is the animation too long or am I imposing my 'modern' view of marksmanship on them?

I am all for things to make firing a weapon more realistic but this is a game, and we do not want to make it exactly like real life because if you do that, then most people will not at all find it fun.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 01-10-2018 at 10:33 PM.

CSA Captain

Forcing the abstraction of fear into the game I feel is way off mark. I see people rush their shots all the time which means they are under duress, and sometimes it is just forced on them to do so which speaks volumes towards the game's realism. Having a Bayonet attached moves the center of balance more forward which is easily remedied by positioning your left arm a little by moving it towards Muzzle, no big deal at all unless MAYBE you have T-Rex Arms. As far as the ground-shaking effects of Arty I think is overdone. How can I ever be sure? ... dont know, I dont intend to ever put myself in a real life barrage of Civil War Arty. As far as this as being a game, I never look at it that way, I look at it as being a simulator. And the more realism makes it more fun.