Thread: Will natives be included?

Banned

Will natives be included?

Natives have a history fighting on both sides of the Civil War. The last Confederate general to surrender was Stand Watie, leader of the Confederate Cherokee Braves. There were also several conflicts between the Union troops and natives during the Civil War. It would make sense to include them in some way or another. Just a thought.

Hello and welcome to the forums,
    actually.. It makes no sense to add them. War of Rights is about the Maryland campaign of 1862, about the battles of Antietam and Harpers Ferry. If you look at the Order of Battle of this campaign, there was no native unit active. Thats why they won't be ingame, sorry

Banned
    Ah ok, I see, thought the game was about the whole war lol. Thanks for the info

Hey there Cherokee,

The AmerIndian units that fought in the Civil War indeed played a major role in the conflict. And, as Hinkel said, they unfortunately had not taken part yet in either the ANV or AotP. If we move on to other battles or campaigns that they did take part in, I have strong confidence that they will be included, especially if I have any part in it.

Banned
    Would be great to see them added in later.

I know that some of the Lumbee tribe had a small war with the Confederacy around that time in North Carolina.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowry_War

A tiny bit down the line, but in the same region, Thomas' Legion, a fully Cherokee legion, fought for the Confederacy in late 1862.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas%27_Legion

Well, I wish you good luck in your game making, looks great!