Thread: Technical Alpha Trouble

Question Technical Alpha Trouble

First of all let me say that I realized this thread needs to be in the Technical Alpha Bug section, but for some reason, I'm not allowed to post a new thread in that section. So if any admins see this maybe you can move this to the proper forum to get a better answer.

Ive got Technical Alpha and can only get through about 5 minutes TOPS at the lowest settings for everything before getting an error message that reads:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Not sure what it means, but it freezes up every time.

Any support or suggestions are much needed. Got a feeling that I may need a new PC before this is all over with, though.

USA Brigadier General

I'd suggest using the error log report tool that the Devs have given us, it'll upload all your error logs and they will find some way to deal with it.
    Although i've yet to see an error such as this, possible something went wrong in your installation, or your drivers could need an update

USA Captain

You probably need to change your forum badge to captain or higher in order to post in the Technical Alpha Bug section.

Have you installed all the latest updates from windows update as well as the newest graphics driver from either AMD or Nvidias website?

Im going to say no on that one so let me get started on that. Do I have to go to Windows 10? I really do not want to do that.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I have switched to Windows 10 from XP. It did wonders on revitalizing my old box.

Windows 10 is not a requirement. Windows 7 or newer is a requirent due to the engine only supporting dx11 and above.