Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dxgi_error_device_hung

Question Dxgi_error_device_hung

Message Im getting after about a minute in game, followed by the CryEngine SDK error message as its not responding. Ive updated my graphics card driver and am on Windows 8.1.

Is my graphics card just not good enough to the game?
    Last edited by hockeyguy6759; 09-06-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Try lowering your graphics settings. What's your GPU?

- Trusty

AMD A6 5200 with Radeon 8400

Not even sure if its strong enough

By the way, theyre all on low.....unfortunately

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy6759 View Post
    AMD A6 5200 with Radeon 8400

Not even sure if its strong enough
    It is definitely not strong enough in my opinion. As far as i know it has only 1024 MB of memory which is way too low for any games today, you can check your performance here http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/...on%20HD%208400 you will see that your card does not match the requirements.

Just add your CPU and RAM and check for FarCry 4
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

Wow, not even close, and thats just the minimum. Looks like I wont be playing until I buy a new computer. My CPU and GPU are barely halfway to where they need to be. I wish I wouldve known earlier. I couldve used that $70 I donated to put towards a new computer.

Requirements.jpg
    Last edited by hockeyguy6759; 09-06-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy6759 View Post
    Wow, not even close, and thats just the minimum. Looks like I wont be playing until I buy a new computer. My CPU and GPU are barely halfway to where they need to be. I wish I wouldve known earlier. I couldve used that $70 I donated to put towards a new computer.

Requirements.jpg
    Sorry to hear that.

But as you can see on the screenshots and videos, we are using a powerfull and modern engine.
    Also, we stated in the FAQ that we are using the Cryengine.

How old is your PC, that you have such specs?

CSA Captain

sad indeed though the forum is full with examples of games you can compare WoR with
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

USA Major

No wonder I can't get WOR to run....guess I'll have to wait to get my tax refund to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by stiffstarch View Post
    No wonder I can't get WOR to run....guess I'll have to wait to get my tax refund to upgrade.

You're in the same boat. Have you played the Empire Total War MOD called American Civil War: Brothers vs Brothers?

Honestly, I think the large requirements will turn people off to this game. I understand that it takes a lot to make it look that good, but people like me who donated (And I was even looking to upgrade my donation), but can't run the game, probably wouldn't or wont donate if they can't play.