Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerning transfers from North and South to War of Rights

Concerning transfers from North and South to War of Rights

I am a regimental leader from a north and south independent regiment. As of right now I am unsure about transferring me and me regiment over as I am quite new to the War of Rights community. Could someone explain how they are planning on transferring their regiment over?

Thank you,
    -Colonel Baxter (Vlader)
    72nd Pennsylvania

Hi,
    I am the leader of the 11th New York, and I have made a company here in WoR. To be honest, there is nothing to worry about. I mean there is no such thing as "transfer" between the two game, I mean you just basically transition your unit into WoR. Like making a steam group for it, inviting the people from the NaS group, etc. I mean there is not really anything confusing.

USA Captain

Just keep in mind that what's known as a "regiment" in NW and N&S is known as a "company" in WoR. The clan size is the same, just the name is different, (well among with different ranks, Captain being the WoR equivalent of a N&S Colonel).

A few other things you need to be aware of are that, at the moment, making a thread doesn't actually reserve your company, it's a placeholder. Eventually the developers are releasing the Company Tool (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...-released-soon!) and that's where you can really lock down your company of choice.

On the topic of the company tool; at the start you will only be able to reserve companies that actually participated in the Antietam campaign. The devs have stated that they do plan to eventually add the option to also create companies for regiments that weren't actually present during the Antietam campaign.

The difference is not just name: in WoR you can only have a company rather than a whole regiment.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    The difference is not just name: in WoR you can only have a company rather than a whole regiment.
    Right, making a clan, which is known as a regiment in N&S, equal to what is known as a company in WoR. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Most of the NA regiments will not make in WoR just cause they won't stay alive long enough to get 10 men

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    Most of the NA regiments will not make in WoR just cause they won't stay alive long enough to get 10 men
    Sad that. Guess they'll have to learn to ditch their pride and work together then. That or assist in simply making NA Companies alongside EU companies.

But having a company with less than 10 members doesnt mean they cant exist and be functional. It just means they risk loosing their company name any day

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    That shouldn't be an issue for my men, we have around 15+ active and Saturdays we bring around 18+ for events. We are a decent size, though I do agree a lot of our fellow NA regiments might have to swallow some pride for War of Rights.

Journalist

Don't really like how everyone thinks it's always some matter of pride. Sure, sometimes it can be, but maybe some people prefer smaller, closely knit units to the sprawling 100+ man groups. Just a thought. No need to always be quick to judge those people.