Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concerning transfers from North and South to War of Rights

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Dammit George I wanted the song too!
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    R.I.P the English Language and Grammar @DomDowg
    A bit harsh, MrMan. Not everyone can have a masterful command of English language spelling, punctuation and grammar. I can see 'spg' errors in your brief post, too.

It is all a bit pointless being the schoolmaster in these issues; it is certainly vexatious and may get you branded a "Grammar Nazi".

You are merely setting yourself up for a fall and appearing pompous, to boot!

Journalist

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    A bit harsh, MrMan. Not everyone can have a masterful command of English language spelling, punctuation and grammar. I can see 'spg' errors in your brief post, too.

It is all a bit pointless being the schoolmaster in these issues; it is certainly vexatious and may get you branded a "Grammar Nazi".

You are merely setting yourself up for a fall and appearing pompous, to boot!
    That argument was six days ago. Please don't bring it up; just makes the thread more cluttered and people more angry.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Well, Gandalf (the Wise), not everyone is going to be avidly reading these forums so regularly that a mere week is significant. But I agree with you: don't clutter the forums.