Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerning transfers from North and South to War of Rights

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The difference is the two are not compatible ... they are two separate entities. There is no transfer of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't really like how everyone thinks it's always some matter of pride. Sure, sometimes it can be, but maybe some people prefer smaller, closely knit units to the sprawling 100+ man groups. Just a thought. No need to always be quick to judge those people.
    True, it actually does come down to what the players want. That's why we should keep a variety. Does anyone know if events and all that stuff will be like North and South?

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't really like how everyone thinks it's always some matter of pride. Sure, sometimes it can be, but maybe some people prefer smaller, closely knit units to the sprawling 100+ man groups. Just a thought. No need to always be quick to judge those people.
    Not quite what I mean. It's more those people who are to proud to simply accept their unit of 1 or 2 guys won't be going anywhere anytime soon and would do better looking to help make a 10 - 15 man unit.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ndPA Vlader View Post
    True, it actually does come down to what the players want. That's why we should keep a variety. Does anyone know if events and all that stuff will be like North and South?
    Actually the game is controlled by the developers and not the players, it will be what they want ....
    And as to events:
    Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    The difference is the two are not compatible ... they are two separate entities. There is no transfer of anything.

USA General of the Army

Hill, please sit this one out. You have no idea what you're going on about. It is incredibly easy to transfer one to the other, different or not.

Actually the game is controlled by the developers and not the players, it will be what they want ....
    And as to events:
    Now this brings me to another question, if that is the case then, will north and south still be active or will it be worth the possible confusion of heading into WoR so I can keep my regiment alive?

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    Most of the NA regiments will not make in WoR just cause they won't stay alive long enough to get 10 men
    Not sure where you got that idea from. The NA community in North and South is the DA(Dixieland Army) i believe most of them are quiting due to the DA not being very good at admining events or certain admins doing as they please without repercussion. but since the fall of 2015 half of them that are still active don't want to go back to that kind of community and would rather stick to the good ole sign up on the forum/ts/etc instead of them being in a community.

Now there are plenty of problems that plague the DA, but this thread isn't the one to complain about that, basically my message was that players from the DA would rather not have to deal with shit-tier admins and want it to be enjoyable.

Oh and to answer Vladers question, North and South is currently dying, as is NW, the fields of recruits is barren, and the mustering of regiments is smaller and smaller each day, once war of rights and battle cry of freedom release, i doubt North and South will be relevant. Hell once Bannerlord releases Mount and Blade: Warband will be most likely become void of life except for the small group that love the mods on the game
    Last edited by michaelsmithern; 09-20-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Right, making a clan, which is known as a regiment in N&S, equal to what is known as a company in WoR. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
    "Regiment" and "company" are not just alternate names for "clan."
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    "Regiment" and "company" are not just alternate names for "clan."
    How so? if you don't mind me asking.

It's less so in NW and NaS, however in WoR a company is based off the actual military company: 100 men. You can only form more than one company should you have atleasy 70 or more (though really closer to the full 100) men.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png