Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Wish list for Company Tool

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    And in one of life's small ironies, the most banned player on WOR is himself, banned again... Justice...
    ha! indeed A+
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3262&dateline=1552563  685
    I-Corp 2nd Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    And in one of life's small ironies, the most banned player on WOR is himself, banned again... Justice...
    Don't know the history or players involved as I'm a late comer so to speak, but reading the recent threads and seeing this made me chuckle lol

CSA Captain

There is a typo with Phillip's Legion on the company tool. It should be "Phillip's Legion" and not "Philip's".

My biggest request is an expanded roster for formable companies, specifically cross-factional ones. In particular, I want to set up a company within the 1st Alabama Cavalry Regiment for the Union (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Re...ry_%28Union%29). My local reenacting group portrays them and I think they'd love to get in on the action in-game as their established unit.

Community Manager, WoR-Dev Hinkel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Whoopdini View Post
    My biggest request is an expanded roster for formable companies, specifically cross-factional ones. In particular, I want to set up a company within the 1st Alabama Cavalry Regiment for the Union (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Re...ry_%28Union%29). My local reenacting group portrays them and I think they'd love to get in on the action in-game as their established unit.
    Welcome to the forum

The game is about the Maryland Campaign of 1862 and its battles (Antietam, Harpers Ferry etc.). The games features units, which fought during that campaign and so does the company tool only feature these regiments, which took part in the campaign.

The 1st Alabama Cavalry regiment fought in the western theatre and was formed a month after the Maryland Campaign, so we will never have that regiment ingame or available in the company tool.

I see. Thank you for the explanation! Will the Maryland Campaign remain the sole focus of the game for its entire development?

I see. Thank you for the explanation! Will the Maryland Campaign remain the sole focus of the game for its entire development?
    Yes, they have assured us of this previously...

Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade CO
    4th Texas Infantry CO

Community Manager, WoR-Dev Hinkel's Avatar
    We will concentrate on the campaign Maryland Campaign for the next couple of years, indeed

If we have other plans, like adding a new campaign, you will read it in the forum of course. But we have no intension to concentrate on a new campaign, unless we haven't finished the Maryland Campaign.

But adding a new battlefield for example would require 2-3 years of work (research, map making and such), just for a single 1:1 recreated battlefield map
    Last edited by Hinkel; 07-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    But adding a new battlefield for example would require 2-3 years of work (research, map making and such), just for a single 1:1 recreated battlefield map
    I guess we can bank on Mr George Crecy being already underway in Pennsylvania with a measuring tape since a year right?!

CSA Brigadier General

Hey Bravescot hope you are well sir - apologize about the 3 year time in response! It will not happen again if the opportunity presents itself! The suggestion was not specifically to make in game medals for perks on my end - more along the lines of adding these metric's in company tool so commanders can keep track of "time spent training" & "Time spent on the field" - with the other metrics I listed in the original post. Many companies and orgs since then have created there own internal medal and citations systems that this implementation could reinforce - but also give commanders the sense of an individuals members level of activity on and off the field.