Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Wish list for Company Tool

Additional regiments

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Hey guys,

we would like to know, if you have any wishes or suggestions, you would like to see in the company tool.
    Like overall character features, Company Features, special actions for the commanders?

One of the first wishes we recieved is about the creating of Platoons. So commanders can set First, Second and Third Platoon, assign soldiers and officers for them. We like the idea and will mostly be added very soon.
    So, feel free to share your ideas with us!
    I would appreciate it greatly if you would add the Indiana 35th "First Irish" Infantry Regiment to the list of Indiana Regiments that can be selected.
    (The 2nd Irish, the 61st Indiana Infantry, never fully mustered and were rolled into the 35th.)

Having the 32nd Indiana Infantry Regiment, the "First German," available would also be nice.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sorry Edalulf, but the only units allowed at this time are only the units that participated in the 1862 Maryland Campaign. Basically the Army of Northern Virginia and the Army of the Potomac.
    There were the odd units in Harpers Ferry that were involved as well.

It appears the 35th IN was in the western Armies and therefore likely won't be included.

I was just roaming around Chickamauga Battlefield and saw the 32nd Indiana monument, there, so the same will be true of that regiment, as well--Western unit, not at Sharpsburg.

Adding federal confederate units (ex. 1st Confederate Infantry, CSMC, 1st Confederate Cav etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancito View Post
    Adding federal confederate units (ex. 1st Confederate Infantry, CSMC, 1st Confederate Cav etc)
    But weren't those troops really just state volunteers that "adopted" the name Regulars as a way to boast to other regiments? From what I've read the only units ever designated "Confederate" were just a few companies of volunteer state units (ie. 1st Georgia) given a "Regular" designation to give their state more pride in the "cause" or to form companies that had multiple troops from different states in the same regiment less of an issue, most of which, however, fought in the Western theater.

Here is an interesting note I found on the "1st Infantry Regiment" AKA 1st North Carolina Volunteers.

"1st Infantry Regiment State Troops was organized at the race track near Warrenton, North Carolina, during the spring of 1861. Its members were recruited in the counties of Chowan, Wilkes, New Hanover, Orange, Lincoln, Hertford, Northampton, Washington, Martin, Wake, and Halifax." So really they were all just volunteers from the same state just given the designation of "regulars" though I doubt they would've called themselves anything other than 1st NC as most of the soldiers took state pride very seriously obviously.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancito View Post

Once again, this game is about the 1862 Maryland Campaign only.
    Non associated units will not be considered.

Sorry.

Not quite sure if this has been asked before but I believe that once 2 companies of the same unit have formed there should be an option to form a regiment that would link both companies to another or perhaps have one sheet with all the companies on it. This would not only reduce the clutter of all the companies on the tool's list but also make it easier to manage the entire regiment as a CO rather than logging into different accounts to add or discharge someone. Plus also allows for regimental Ranks to be put into use!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1zzt3r View Post
    Not quite sure if this has been asked before but I believe that once 2 companies of the same unit have formed there should be an option to form a regiment that would link both companies to another or perhaps have one sheet with all the companies on it. This would not only reduce the clutter of all the companies on the tool's list but also make it easier to manage the entire regiment as a CO rather than logging into different accounts to add or discharge someone. Plus also allows for regimental Ranks to be put into use!
    It has been brought up and very strongly requested. I wish very thoroughly, especially with what I see as the soon-to-be implementation of the company tool in game, that we could organize battalions and regiments.

Some people have requested higher organizational levels as well, such as brigades and corps. The question is though is what is the best way to go about allowing people to claim regiments? Personally I think the first person(s) to make a regiment with 2 mustered companies should get the company tool claim to it.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 01-25-2021 at 04:20 PM.

USA 1st Lieutenant

I would very much like to see the 14th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Regiment added to the Company Tool. They were engaged at Bloody Lane at Antietam and served with the Army of the Potomac for the remainder of the war.

Higher echelon ranks for the Tool, as well as possible a Combat Log that would only exist on a person while they're in the Company?