Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish list for Company Tool

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Maybe a better option would be to create a website (a free one) with an attached forum and organized there. When I flew with a group in Rise of Flight, we had our own site and coordinated everything there.
    We do have a site set up. How did you guys organize?

USA Major

Maybe a better option would be to create a website (a free one) with an attached forum and organized there. When I flew with a group in Rise of Flight, we had our own site and coordinated everything there.
    What group with Rise of Flight? I was with Jasta 2 but haven't flown in a year. And just to link this with the thread I second the ability to link to Steam, forum and websites as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    What group with Rise of Flight? I was with Jasta 2 but haven't flown in a year. And just to link this with the thread I second the ability to link to Steam, forum and websites as an option.
    Very small world; I flew with the same squadron. I did my training with Drookasi.

Luke, I didn't set up a page, but Jasta 2 has one of the nicest pages I have seen. Check it out.
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

USA Sergeant

Very small world; I flew with the same squadron. I did my training with Drookasi.

Luke, I didn't set up a page, but Jasta 2 has one of the nicest pages I have seen. Check it out.
    This is what we currently have: https://79thnych.wixsite.com/79thnych

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I would love to see the 95th Pennsylvania Gosline Zouaves added to the company tool. They were part of the Maryland campaign

The 95th PA is in the C.T. They’re just not identified as zouaves, I may have missed their alternate designation in my research material.

I'll check and verify.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    The 95th th PA is in the C.T. They’re just not identified as zouaves, I may have missed their alternate designation in my research material.

I'll check and verify.
    They were Zouves they wore a uniform almost Identical to the 72nd PA only their pants were Dark blue instead of Skyblue kersey wool examples below though they were also known to wear normal federal trousers instead of the Dark blue Chasseur pants you see in these pictures. They were referred to as Gosline's Zouaves. If there is one thing that I do know about the civil war its Zouaves spent many years studying them. http://www.pacivilwar.com/regiment/95th.html

Painting

Sgt from the 95th PA wearing his Zouave uniform it should be noted they too wore this uniform throughout the whole war

95th PA 1862

95th PA 1862

95th PA 1862

95th PA officers 1862

95th Pa 1862

Last edited by Kyle422; 10-18-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke192 View Post
    This is what we currently have: https://79thnych.wixsite.com/79thnych
    Looks good!
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

• Be able to link a steam profile.
    • Be able to display companies of a unit on one page, basically imagine the current company tool page but replace the platoons with the actual companies.
    • The addition of regimental grade ranks.

Banned
    Like to add the rank of SgtMaj to the CT and any other ranks that were removed.

We organize through our primary gaming community on Discord, so that is what we plan to continue doing if we grow beyond 100 War of Rights users (top-down management of multiple companies).

However I don't know if I'd call it a better option when we have this amazing company tool that can be tailored to fit the bill, rather than relying on the community to organize and provide for themselves outside of "official" channels. Great games have gone sour when they rely too heavily on the community to feed the community (looking at you, Holdfast).

Also, some people may not have the wherewithal or the capability to organize at that scale. Why not leverage the company tool to raise up everyone rather than only letting our elite gaming communities shine. (Not a jab, as our own community can be rather elitist at times no matter how hard we try not to be.)
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia