Thread: Customizeable flags and/or uniforms

Customizeable flags and/or uniforms

So obviously a system like this would be very low on the priority list, but I think it would be cool if it were possible to create your own flags that troops could carry into battle, I am not sure if there will be an integrated regiment system in the game but I think it would be cool if a regiment could customize their flag and carry it into battle, I do understand the desire for historical accuracy so as an alternative a list of historical flags could be made that correspond with historical regiments, these could be used for multiple in game regiments as I don't think that every regiment had a different uniform

Hey there William,

This I can fortunately say is actually higher on our priority list than you might think, and these are both on our list of things we would like to include, though I must of course say that nothing can be confirmed at the moment.

USA Major

Customizable flags would be a really nice feature as long as the flags would have to stay in the believable realm. Battle honours would be an amazing feature . And what about old Abe the screaming eagle of the 8th Wisconsin?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Indeed. Battle honors could be cool. Maybe if you were thinking of holding big events on certain weekends where everything was going to be completely realistic and orderly, regiments who took part in those could be awarded battle honors on their flag. Only if there's a specific amount from that regiment on though. Maybe 20 or more would be required? And when I say regiment, I of course mean a clan type regiment, not just a bunch of random guys moving as a regiment in the game.

USA General of the Army

So the admin would be ale to arrange the ability to give out or would they have to arrange matters with the higher order? Things to be thought on

In game medals that could be visible on your uniform would be amazing, I wonder how they would be distributed though, would it be for completing an achievement or could an admin give them in an event. maybe if an admin gave medals they could on that event, so as to keep the value of them.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by william2401 View Post
    In game medals that could be visible on your uniform would be amazing, I wonder how they would be distributed though, would it be for completing an achievement or could an admin give them in an event. maybe if an admin gave medals they could on that event, so as to keep the value of them.
    Well, I don't how many if any people actually wore their medals during battle, let alone how many people actually got medals. It's an interesting thought though. Once again thinking of regiment/clan based gameplay, maybe make it possible for server admins to switch the server type to "parade" or something along those lines and only allow one team with no killing, and make the chosen side be dressed in some sort of dress uniform. Here, each soldier could display his/her medals promptly on her/his uniform. This could also be a good sub-mode type thing to allow for company/regiment pictures to be taken, in black and white of course!

What I was talking about earlier in regards to event is the idea that official historical battles can be set up every so often where everything had to be done in a historical manner, unlike regular battles where each person didn't HAVE to follow orders and could do want they want. You can think of this kind of like the historical battles in War thunder or linebattles in Napoleonic Wars. Regiments that took part in these events could be given battle honors on their flags, where they wouldn't be given these for participating in normal public battles.
    Last edited by Rithal; 11-25-2014 at 06:43 AM.

USA General of the Army

I really like the parade idea. There should be a map especially for parade use only like a drill square somewhere ie West Point or the Military Institution of Virginia. The Medals should be linked with these historical battles that Rithal has suggested. So say in a clan/regiment the NCOs and Officers will have a number of medals and the clan/regiment's colours will have the battle honours as well. It will help show which clans/regiments a really die hard committed and which do it for the fun allowing new joiners to be guided if they wish to join.

Maybe even once a month on this parade ground server idea have a recruitment day where clans/regiments display for people looking to join and you can talk to members about how it is.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 11-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I really like the parade idea. There should be a map especially for parade use only like a drill square somewhere ie West Point or the Military Institution of Virginia. The Medals should be linked with these historical battles that Rithal has suggested. So say in a clan/regiment the NCOs and Officers will have a number of medals and the clan/regiment's colours will have the battle honours as well. It will help show which clans/regiments a really die hard committed and which do it for the fun allowing new joiners to be guided if they wish to join.

Maybe even once a month have a on this parade ground server idea have a recruitment day where clans/regiments display for people looking to join and you can talk to members about how it is.
    Sounds good as long as the developers are shooting for clan based play.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    Sounds good as long as the developers are shooting for clan based play.
    We are more then just interested in clan based gameplay. Its always possible to get even bigger..