Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Virginia Infantry Regiment, Co.H - "The Potomac Greys"

I didn't even notice this go up, I was expecting a telegram.

Great job once again lads.

I don't know what you mean Porky. ')

CSA Major

Gentlemen, have a care.
    I return forthwith to the United States after a brief sojourn in Italy. I have been fortunate enough to spend a small amount of time with the compatriots of Garibaldi, he whom is also fighting against oppression and tyranny.

Warmest regards all,
    Jim J. Digby.

------------

Returning from work abroad on Thursday. Speak to you all later this weekend.

CSA Sergeant

Happy All Hallows Eve, chaps. Be wary of any of those Yankee fellers who appear outside your bivouac announcing 'trick or treat'!

I hope I have got enough strength left to fight off any potential intruders tonight. The dark powers were able to seize hold of me this year and have stricken me with a cold. It is really a rather nasty affair.

CSA Major

Fine evening Gentlemen,
    It would appear that Billy Blue was not up to task on this cold All Hallow's Eve. A shame; I had prepared small pieces of 'popping' candy made of black powder and liquorice for the devils.

---

A warm welcome must also be extended to our newest recruit Jakobus Herkulaas Wernicke, a Dutch-born scoundrel whom has found his way to the Great State of Virginia through Charleston and passage of a wily schooner.

---

And as a note to all; we are looking for folk to join our merry band, more so if you enjoy Naval Action and other such pastimes, feel free to PM for more information.

CSA Sergeant

Dawn breaks over a group of Confederates (including a couple of members of Co. H).

CSA Major

Marvellous!
    I look forward to more merriment and idle-chat upon the field.

---

Have a care Gentlemen! C.L Buckhannon may be welcomed warmly into the bosom of Confederacy and our motley group of the 8th Virginia. It would seem, however, that he is distantly related to our esteemed Corporal William "Little Willy" Lambert - something about the far off land of Wales? I am sure that he will see off each Yankee bully with a dogged determination and a renown only the Welsh may know!

Sincerely,
    Captain Jim J. Digby.
    Last edited by Leifr; 12-08-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rapier17 View Post
    Dawn breaks over a group of Confederates (including a couple of members of Co. H).

Nicked your image.

- Trusty