Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Election

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Actually that's not true, the revolution can't be considered the 1st American civil war as America didn't exist at the time. It was a revolution in almost every sense of the term, thinking of it as a civil war is a modern idea.

It's called the American Revolution for a reason, it was a revolution not a civil war.

Revolutions and civil wars are very similar and sometimes they overlap, but they are not the same.
    America may not of been a country, But the area in which the war happend was called British America so.. Also it was both a Civil War and Revolution.

RhettVito
    Look Trump won get over it If your triggered go to a safe place and cry me a river

USA 1st Lieutenant

The US is going to have a president and a large part of the leading party that don't believe in man-made climate change. come ooooooooonn

I know all the votes hadn't been counted but Hillary won the popular vote so in my mind Hillary supporters are completely alright to complain and alo because complaining is one of the fundamentals of free speech.

ahfjksdbfksdbjkfbjsdkfjsjk;f to the above comment

USA 1st Lieutenant

sorry i'm replying to a comment 2 pages back but as a Christian, I don't take the old testament to be litteral and i'm pretty sure it's not meant to be. The whole story of Noah and the flood is very very similar to stories in many other religions and cultures and the story of genesis has been translated so many times that I read somewhere it was originally more of a poem.

Baaasically I (and a lot fo christians outside of evangelical USians and Africans) that the old testament is more just stories about how God works. I also study Geology and it makes complete sense for the Earth to be 4.55 billion years old

USA Captain

Lol ok, my post about discussing Australian Politics compared to the US is off-topic. Hmm.

USA Major

Hey everyone!

Since Trump have been elected, you might want to be safe (No idea why! :P)...
    So go to this link:http://www.risingsbunkers.com

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Look Trump won get over it If your triggered go to a safe place and cry me a river
    Democracy is not a football match. Grow up.

USA 1st Lieutenant

White men (and maybe women I think) were the only group to vote in majority for Trump and this forum is about 99%+ white men

CSA Captain

I went to a seminar last night about the future of America in regards to the Trump administration, and I learned that even if he manages to scrap NAFTA, he would be stuck with the 1988 Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement. This guarantees Canada's relative economic safety, and would be extremely difficult for Trump to untangle as well.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    America may not of been a country, But the area in which the war happend was called British America so.. Also it was both a Civil War and Revolution.
    The war as a whole cannot be considered a civil war, you are correct though in stating that in some instances civil war was happening withing the revolution.
    A civil war is where two factions wage war against each other, (CSA vs USA)
    A revolution is where the citizens revolt against their government.

My point is it wasn't the 1st American civil war, it can be called a somewhat of a British civil war if you like but not an American civil war.
    The 1st American civil war happened in 1860s.
    The American revolution was about the patriots revolting in order to gain independence and form their own country.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion