Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea!

32 64.00%
  • Bad idea!

5 10.00%
  • Maybe if (Please explain)

13 26.00%
  • I don't understand what the idiot said!

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New game mode.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Guys remember that the number was only an example, and that that the name doesn't really matter...

New thing to the idea: If you are afraid that the gamemode will kill the servers because of player numbers, you can just make it an exclusive event that happens once in a week...
    I'm sure they are already going to max it out as they see fit for a server to handle. For example mount and blade servers can only fit 200. I think when they tested larger ones they were exceptionally unstable causing 200 to be the mark that they kept it at.

The only concession they could make is where there is only one life per player. Hence a 'realistic' 'hardcore' or whatever the name would be called.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by MK81 View Post
    Without belittling your idea Volcusgaming, is this an original idea? I am hoping for the same end result as yourself so it is something that I'm crossing my figures for, but am under no illusion the technical challenge that it would set for the CFGs Team. Looking through the Website dispatches/updates I think they've always intended "large scale" conflicts but haven't provided numbers due to tech advances through the development timescale.

I suspect that this game mode concept is the CFGs developers end goal, as APH acknowledged.

As per your Perma death suggestion, I agree. This could be a good feature for some of the battle types. The PRT's are supposed to represent reservists, so in theory you may deploy visually as the same virtual soldier but represent a reservist. As per your suggestion though, it would add a more cautious approach for some with the inability to respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSoldier View Post
    I'm sure they are already going to max it out as they see fit for a server to handle. For example mount and blade servers can only fit 200. I think when they tested larger ones they were exceptionally unstable causing 200 to be the mark that they kept it at.

The only concession they could make is where there is only one life per player. Hence a 'realistic' 'hardcore' or whatever the name would be called.
    Guys the devs stated that they would include "several hundred" players on a server, my idea for making the servers able to handle this big amount of players could be like this:
    When the game is out and running there might be like 4 servers running with "Historical battles" at a time, then at a special moment at a week (Maybe 20:30 - ???? on every friday) these servers go together and make a game of "Elite" or "Hardcore" mode....
    This means that the four servers which might be able to handle 500 players, or more if we are lucky, go together as one server capable of 2000 players...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

That is not how servers work, but OK bud.....
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA Major

That is not how servers work, but OK bud.....
    How does they then work?

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Server limits cannot be combined to provide a more stable single server. If this was possible we'd have nearly infinite limit game servers already.
    1st Lt. Soldier

USA Major

Server limits cannot be combined to provide a more stable single server. If this was possible we'd have nearly infinite limit game servers already.
    Well okay, it thought i was based on how many kilobytes of ram, but you are probably right...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Well okay, it thought i was based on how many kilobytes of ram, but you are probably right...
    I don't think a career in computer science is in your future, my friend

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    I don't think a career in computer science is in your future, my friend
    Nahhh, you're probably right.

I just think i'll stick to my "html" .

By the way i obivously didn't meant "kilobytes" but "gigabytes"...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

Right about this moment I wish we had a face-palm emoji for this forum, this is the next best thing
    1st Lt. Soldier

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.