Thread: AI Defense mode?

USA Lieutenant General

AI Defense mode?

Hey Gent's thought i'd put and idea out in the air for you all to poke and prod at!

An AI sort of Defense where an onslaught of AI troops will move on a defended position (Held by people like you or I) and we try and hold out for a timer or till we get over run?

This way we could tie it in to historical battles For example the battle of the sunken road or if the game develops further, Little round top, and Devils Den (i think you get my point).

Allowing us to fight off some AI if there is just a small group of people on the server or if you want to see how many rounds you can last!

this could just be another sort of game mode you can put on the server almost like Skirmishes!

Tell me what u think guys or if there is a better way to do this!!!

-Mac
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    Hey Gent's thought i'd put and idea out in the air for you all to poke and prod at!

An AI sort of Defense where an onslaught of AI troops will move on a defended position (Held by people like you or I) and we try and hold out for a timer or till we get over run?

This way we could tie it in to historical battles For example the battle of the sunken road or if the game develops further, Little round top, and Devils Den (i think you get my point).

Allowing us to fight off some AI if there is just a small group of people on the server or if you want to see how many rounds you can last!

this could just be another sort of game mode you can put on the server almost like Skirmishes!

-Mac
    Sounds like a great and fun idea yet the devs aren't planning on putting Ai bots in the game
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

There are no plans for AI controlled players in War of Rights.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    There are no plans for AI controlled players in War of Rights.
    I don't mean player controlled at all! just AI VS People!

-Mac
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

Like an invasion mode? I like that idea

But it won't be anything we will work on until the game is fully released.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post

-Mac

I like that idea also. Different options to enjoy the game are always a positive!

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Like an invasion mode? I like that idea

But it won't be anything we will work on until the game is fully released.
    Would be cool if you could code them to fight you in 2 rank lines on a open field

CSA Captain

Yeah I actually really like this idea. This would be a great drill tool as well, so you can get some good practice in tactics and fighting before heading off to the pvp. That may not be what your idea was intended for, but I think it has potential for that as well.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

This definitely is a good idea but as mentioned already it would need an AI to be done which is - so far - not part of the game.

First Sergeant James T. Forester

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers