Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Civil War Ancestors

My great-great-grandfather, his brother, and their brother-in-law served in Co. D of the 8th Florida. It is pretty cool to play War of Rights alongside another descendant of the 8th Florida.

Any UK based players who have traced ancestors who took part in the conflict or have family links ?

I'm guessing that I do. Just started getting into researching the history of my family. Most of my family is from Pennsylvania so if I did they'd probably be in a PA regiment. Who knows I might even have some Confederate ones as well who decided to move down there at the time. Totally excited about finding info on this but researching takes time.

New recruit here..... my GG grandfather George Frederick Glover enlisted: private, Canebrake Legion Demopolis ,AL Marengo County and ended up commanding as Capt. Co. A 43rd AL

Private Patrick Moynihan

I am unsure what unit he was with but I know he was an Irish Immigrant and enlisted in 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancito View Post
    Private Patrick Moynihan

I am unsure what unit he was with but I know he was an Irish Immigrant and enlisted in 1864.
    There was a Corporal Patrick Moynihan with the 6th/8th Missouri Infantry (Union).

Yes, my Civil War ancestor is Capt George H Sessions of the 5th VT Inf Company E. He enlisted as a Private progressing to Sergeant. He would eventually be commissioned as a Lieutenant and be promoted to Captain.

My great-great grandfather Joseph Snider served the Union. When he was 19 years old, he was mustered into the United States Army as a private in Company H, 12th Regiment of Virginia Volunteer Infantry (West Virginia) on August 16, 1862. He was discharged from the 12th Regiment on February 18, 1863 at Winchester on account of disability received in service. After he regained his health, Joseph re-enlisted on August 28, 1864 and served in Company C, 6th Regiment West Virginia Cavalry. He served his country through the end of the rebellion and was mustered out at Washington, D.C. on May 19th, 1865.

12-jsnider.jpg