Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate General: Civil War

Ultimate General: Civil War

My good and old friend Darth Vader and his crew are working on a new title since a while.
    They will release Ultimate General Civil War very soon (Early Access this November!)

Its a strategic and tactical civil war game, about the entire war!
    If you enjoyed UG: Gettysburg, you will love it!

This time you are able to form your own armies, divisions and brigades.. promote generals, equip your units with your favourite rifles and more!

FEATURE LIST

Army management: You are the general. You have full control over the army composition. Based on your successes and reputation you might get access to more corps, divisions and brigades. Keep your soldiers alive and they will learn to fight better, turning from green rookies to crack veterans. Lose a lot of your soldiers and you might not have enough reinforcements to deliver victories. Your reputation will suffer, army morale will drop and you will be forced to resign.

Innovative command system: You decide which level of control you want. Command every unit individually or just give them a main goal with one button click and watch if they can take that hill. Army divisions commanders can make decisions on their own and help you control the largest army. Draw a defensive line and allocated brigades will defend it like lions. Or design a deep flanking maneuver by just drawing an arrow and send the whole army to the enemy flank or the rear. Your generals will try to fulfill your orders, although "no plan survives contact with the enemy".

Officer progression: Historical unit commanders progress and become better fighters together with the player. The Officers rank up based on their units’ performance, but its war and they can be wounded or even get killed in action. New ranks open new possibilities and allow officers to lead bigger units without efficiency loss. Winning battles also opens new possibilities for you as a general, increasing skills such as reconnaissance or political influence.

Historical weapons: There is huge variety of Civil War weaponry from mass produced Enfield pattern rifles to rare Whitworths. Historical availability has also been implemented. Certain weapons can only be captured by raiding supplies or taken from the enemy on the battlefield.

Enhanced unit control: Detach skirmishers to send them to scout those hills ahead. Or merge several brigades into one bigger division if it’s needed. Dismount the cavalry to become less visible to the enemy or mount for fast flanking charges and supply raids. Supplies are extremely important and you have to plan and defend the provisions otherwise the battle might end for you early.

Advanced Artificial Intelligence: You will face a strong enemy. AI will flank you, will hit your weak spots and undefended high ground, will chase and cut your supplies and will try to destroy unguarded artillery batteries. AI will use terrain and will take cover and retreat if overwhelmed.

Terrain matters: Trenches, lines, fences, houses, fields – everything can help to achieve victory, if you know how to use it. Hills will allow you to see enemy units earlier. Rivers and bridges can become natural obstacles that will help you to defend. Forests can help you hide your movements and flank the enemy.

Beautiful maps: We believe that modern technology allows hardcore war-games to finally stop being brown on green hexes. Hardcore, deep war games can be beautiful. In our game, every historical battle landscape is accurately hand-drawn, utilizing data from satellite and historical maps. The topography plays immense strategic role and helps to understand how battles were fought and to learn history.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 11-13-2016 at 12:50 PM.

USA Sergeant

So they take the tactical battles from UG - Gettysburg and are adding a strategic game above it???

Just take my money!!!

Ok I actually prefer the good old Sid Meyers Gettysburg to UG... but still, this sounds great.
    Last edited by thomas aagaard; 11-13-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

USA Lieutenant General

3tapsu.jpg

So they will release it on Steam or?

Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    3tapsu.jpg

So they will release it on Steam or?
    Yes, Early Access is available on steam very soon

Quote Originally Posted by thomas aagaard View Post
    So they take the tactical battles from UG - Gettysburg and are adding a strategic game above it???

Just take my money!!!
    Indeed,
    you will start at Bull Run.. and if you win as the south, you can try to retreat or take DC for example.
    It has a fictional campaign, depending on the results you have in battle.
    You can also choose different battle plans before a battle, which corps attack where and such.

You gain money and menpower, which you can invest in your troops

USA Brigadier General

awesome Hinkel, I haven't got UG but I will get this one.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Hmmm maybe that explains why I never heard back from the team when I asked about doing something like this.

As Aagaard said, ... "Just take my money!"

Yeah I'm there.

clap.gif

USA Captain

Looks great definitely want to pick this up

CSA Major

This is great news, UG Gettysburg was great, I can only imagine how great this will be. Can't wait.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Captain

Looks awesome, going to try it out

Cpt. William Hexamer
    Battery Commander

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers