View Poll Results: Is this game a good idea?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 61.29%
  • No

6 19.35%
  • Wat iz Maxicen-Murican Woor?

0 0%
  • Kill yourself

6 19.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember the Maine: Idea of a Spanish-American War FPS

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Any ideas you guys have? Weaponry, gamemodes? I did have an idea for an SP.
    supremacy like from RO2

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    supremacy like from RO2
    Every time I play RO2, I am too busy getting sniped constantly to pay attention to the objective. Care to enlighten me on Supremacy?

USA Lieutenant Colonel

where its a map controlled by to nations and each map is broken into sectors and each nation takes turns and votes on attack or defense.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Every time I play RO2, I am too busy getting sniped constantly to pay attention to the objective. Care to enlighten me on Supremacy?
    where its a map controlled by to nations and each map is broken into sectors and each nation takes turns and votes on attack or defense. campaign is a better word

I don't think it would really fit well with the theme of the war, as it was not a huge conflict where armies moved around a lot, but in isolated pockets where squads clashed with each other.

Not sure if a campaign mode like RO2 would work well with Remember the Maine,as AFAIK,the Spanish American War was fought on Philippines and Cuba,both very far from each other. That means there would a large unpainted gap on the map.
    But I suppose that war wasn't as static as WWI,as cavalry was still used and machineguns not as plenty as in the later conflict.

You could make the maps in the same fashion of BF42 and RO2,with areas that must be secured in order to cut off enemy reinforcements and an amount of tickets that decrease every time a soldier is killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Kar98 View Post
    Not sure if a campaign mode like RO2 would work well with Remember the Maine,as AFAIK,the Spanish American War was fought on Philippines and Cuba,both very far from each other. That means there would a large unpainted gap on the map.
    But I suppose that war wasn't as static as WWI,as cavalry was still used and machineguns not as plenty as in the later conflict.

You could make the maps in the same fashion of BF42 and RO2,with areas that must be secured in order to cut off enemy reinforcements and an amount of tickets that decrease every time a soldier is killed.
    Actually, the stagnant trench warfare was very prevalent in the war on the Spanish side.

Hey guys, I have written a large list of weaponry for the game, but would like to see some ideas you guys have.