Thread: Ideas for a Battlefield Civil War game

Lightbulb Ideas for a Battlefield Civil War game

So, with the recent release of Battlefield 1, and the hype I have around War of Rights, I had always wondered what an arcade-style ACW shooter would be like. Yes, there are the History Channel games that I have a certain nostalgia for, but they are singleplayer-only. So, I had ideas for an ACW Battlefield game. If DICE wants to continue down the historical shooter genre, this would be a nice continuation.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Cre...9774873531520/

CSA Brigadier General

I personally think it isn't a great idea. BF1 is great but it doesn't deliver true WW1 era combat. You mainly see automatic and semi-automatic weapons gunning you down instead of bolt action rifles. If they were to make an American Civil War game, the repeaters would be used far too often and it would ruin any real portrayal of American Civil War era combat. That being said, DICE should continue and do something like another WW2 game.

CSA Captain

BF1 might be a fun game to play with friends yet it ain't a good game for historical measures. Most people in the battlefield community would spam the shit out of the revolvers while the muskets and other one shot weapons wouldn't be used much. Napoleonic Wars has the perfect balance between being historically incline and the streamline gameplay. Have you tried Mount and Blade Warband North and South Mod? It was made by Hinkel.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Well, it isn't meant for historical accuracy. We have War of Rights for that. I have always wanted to see an arcadey version of the war. It is meant for pure fun.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Well, it isn't meant for historical accuracy. We have War of Rights for that. I have always wanted to see an arcadey version of the war. It is meant for pure fun.
    So you want a re-skin of BF1...

It sounds like that's what you're asking for.

USA 1st Lieutenant

there is a new gamemode for BF1 where you can only use the standard issue bolt action rifle of whichever faction you're playing as.

I feel like bolt action guns are at the very edge of what can be used in an arcadeyish shooter with maybe guns like a martini-henry being the very limit.