3 13.04%
  • meh/ maybe (neutral)

3 13.04%
  • i think it's cool has long as it does'ent happend exessivly and nobody dies

4 17.39%
  • no it would ruin gameplay and happen to much

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Will there be a time before battle where you can walk around camp/can you be wounded

Cool Will there be a time before battle where you can walk around camp/can you be wounded

So im new to the forums infact I joined 10 minutes ago but I have been following and monitoring wor for over a year. So will you be able to walk around camp before battle I think this would be cool because well say your a officer and your planning a stategy or your a regular infantry men getting reay to go to battle and throwing out your gamaling cards (which soldiers on both sides did for the fear that if they were killed they didn't want there familys to know they were commiting the sin of gamaling) which I think would be cool. Now onto can you be shot or have your leg blown off by a cannon but not die. this might alrady be a feature but of course I would'ent know because there has'ent been that much combat gameplay. But I think this would be a cool feature because imagine your on a hill your regiment is trying to hold the line you get hit in the stomach your character falls and the other players have a option to drag you away (I do belive wor will be multiplayer only correct me if im wrong) you get dragged to a field hospital and a ai doctor does surgery (or possibly a real player who knows) I think that would be cool. So that all I have for my first post hope to see some intrestng replies thanks for feed back
    Last edited by Bulzome; 02-13-2015 at 12:47 AM.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Developers have hinted at access to camps during periods of no combat.

I would like to assume that you can be wounded in some situations.

The game will be multiplayer only.

Not sure about the surgeon thing.

Hope I helped

I like the idea bulzome

Walking around camp/wounded ?

*Choo Choo, all aboard the hype train*
    http://i.imgur.com/WTPcvcZ.png

USA Captain

from a realistic perspective it sounds nice, but gameplay wise, if you got injured to the point that you needed to be dragged by your fellow soldiers, they would just leave you there to die and get on with the fighting themselves. Thats what I would do in a position of command. Probably just commit a mercy killing on your useless 1-legged self lol

Honestly its been my experience doing a few Civil War Reenactments before I moved out west to fight the Indians on the Bozeman trail as a galvanized yankee...the camp should be an integral part of the game. For players to meet each other, talk, and maybe have some sort of morale benefit.

Say for example we are all a gun crew, and after the battle we all hang out and play cards, or shoot some dice...or sit around the fire and play music...the next battle we are a tighter crew...we move a little faster, put shells down range a little more accurate...ect..ect.

Would also be a good time for NCOs and officers to talk to each other, and get a hold on things the boys might need. I might open a thread about Logistics between matches as well.

The NCOs could talk to the men, help raise their morale, and maybe drill new players.

USA General of the Army

The only problem I see is how long would you been wounded for. Nobody wants to spend a full battle in a field hospital when they've payed to fight it out on the fields and die out there.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    The only problem I see is how long would you been wounded for. Nobody wants to spend a full battle in a field hospital when they've payed to fight it out on the fields and die out there.
    True that you wanna be able to wait a little bit and get back out there

Wounding will be in the game.
    Für das Vaterland.