Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

RhettVito

''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

The title of the thread says it all. Please give your thoughts about what you do and don't like about the game mode. Also what do you think should be changed about it.''Picket Patrol'' Vote

https://www.strawpoll.me/17583274

Last edited by RhettVito; 03-10-2019 at 07:00 PM.

CSA Captain

I'd like to see bullet penetratiom raised to roughly 80%, as that would significantly alter game play in both game modes to emphasize firing over the usual bayonet charge and would significantly decrease the effectiveness of hard cover, ie houses.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

RhettVito
    As for my personal suggestion
    -Just as LaBelle said more bullet penetration 75-80% would be good.

-A timer that goes up or down depending on the number of players on the server. For instant 15 minutes is the base time say once to team gets up to 100 it will go up to 20 minutes for 150 people may be a 25-minute round. Yet I think this should be really down to whoever host a server to how long they want the battle to be.

-Spawning in the direction that the enemy is going to come from.

-Possibly locking houses and barns. At the current moment on this game mode all you hear from the players is find a house camp there and wait for the enemy.
    Hopefully, this tactic will change.

USA General of the Army

The 1 life I like, But its still a LINE BATTLE GAME, so whats the point of playing it? whats the point of having 2 armies to choose from, when you must still be massed in one large formation? on 3 different attacks, I was the last man standing and still died because of the STUPID TIMER. first group of 16, then another group of 12, and yet again with a group of 8. I used cover and concealment well, just to die by a TIMER, is such B.S. yet half a dozen other times I was with the whole group and still, I was getting the TIMER OF DEATH, I was with men to my left, right, and in front of me. I spent more time running around trying to get rid of this TIMER OF DEATH. you cant maneuver, out flank, just line up and shoot till one side is dead. I saw Trusty on, and I Begged him to remove the TIMER OF DEATH. I would rather go back to face RAMBO OFFICERS than the DREADED TIMER OF DEATH. Either the RAMBO OFFICER was really Brave, Or really Stupid, or Yet had enough of playing. just make that everyone must wait till a group of 5 plus before they can leave the point of spawn, and get rid of all those timer of death, timer for desertion, timer for leaving the map, Timer to get to the cap, time is almost up for me. at least I have nice trinkets coming my way, for having PAID 850.00+ for this game. I cant wait to see the timer I will get, and Penalty for that Scoped rifle I paid for, when I go to shoot it at the enemy, LOL.

I saw the test server almost fill up last night, and within and hour, when I left, was below 63. Im not the only one who hates the dreaded TIMERS OF DEATH. people will go Play ARMA 3 at this rate, or im sure post scriptom when its finished, WOR has no one to blame, but themselves. Line battles have a use, based upon terrain. People can decide when its best to use this tactic. keep the 1 life death, no medics are on the field, are in play.

stop adding 2 armies to choose from at the start, whats the point. cant go in two directions, cause the first officer on the field as I see it, is the MAIN group to stay with, or face the TIMER. and no way of telling who was on the field FIRST. We are not playing napoleonic wars, where all the rifles were smooth bores, with 1 in 3 shots hit the enemy as they faced off against each other stating at 250 yards, as each side closed the gap to make more shots count. If thats what WOR really wanted to attempt, then it shouldnt have been Based upon the American Civil war. you want line battles, make it a 500 hundred man servers, with slots allocated for liners and skirmishers. with no TIMERS, other than to take an objective. I hate the dreaded penalties of this game play.

USA General of the Army

its got not a thing to do with command style. its the way the Game is now Made to play. we had officers who didnt need little white lines placed upon the map, that players , now are so lost, if an officer does not place a white line down. To watch people spending more time looking at the ground, worried if they are on the white line, is almost comical to watch happen. Here is a command style, tell everyone to wack off creating a little white line,LOL. They should be more concerned with the enemy, and somewhat know where they are on the line. no one has a peripheral vision at work here, unless 1 has 3 monitors running at once. Where skirmishers were a valuable use to send out to the flanks, that now to do so, cause more tickets for out of line. neither side can see the total out of line tickets, neither side can see the cause and effect till after action report. WOR has become what the game developers want only, NAPOLEONIC LINE BATTLES, how does anyone win that, Whats the FUN in that? When one side is taking cover behind a fence, or rocks, must also be standing or suffer higher penalty for kneeling, if killed. The objective has become pointless, why have one? look if i didnt love this game I wouldnt have spent so much on it. to say people should be concerned about how the game is played over a win, is NOT the American way of doing things. If WOR want huge line battles make the servers, 500 man strong or more, WOR would get the line battles it wanted with what we want.

Americans dont go to races to watch all the cars look pretty going really fast around the track, they do it to see the crashes, the speed, and the first one to cross the finish line, the fastest, after a grueling 500 mile run, THE WINNER. unlike if WOR had control of the race, the rules would be, no red paint allowed, and anyone going faster than 55 mph, must return to the back of the pack for speeding, and you have 30 seconds to do it, or your removed from the race, LOL. like wise with boxing, to see each other pound the shit out of each other to see the WINNER. Like football they dont go to watch a pretty ball being passed back and forth upon the field as a game of catch. If WOR had control of football all games would, become in my opinion a game of catch football. where anyone caught taking a knee, or drop the ball, would be removed from the game. as both sides throw the ball back and forth, in hopes of hitting and empty space, unable to be caught to be thrown back, for a point score. with no one allowed to cross the 50 yard line. Less players open up more of a chance the ball cant be caught. What fun is that, I could play that game in my back yard.

Completely do away with this absurd out of line tickets, for both sides. let players use cover and concealment, to surprise the enemy with skirmishers, with what really counts Killing the enemy. the game changes from breaking to battle ready can be based upon deaths including last stand. Do away with that absurd timers to be some where, and never leave it. People already know where to be, when its time to save the point. dont tie em down as as staked rabbits for the enemy. Let commanders lead, not tie their hands behind their backs and tell them to fight, like its become. add medicis to the game for those who can be saved to return to the fight, as to not cause a death count to change the parameters of the game changes. Add a ammo wagon, to replenish ammo, also let people see how much ammo they have, so they know oh shit, i need to get more ammo, unlike it is now, surprise, you just fired your last shot. As it is you have 2 choices, charge in for a death count, out of line ticket or respawn, for and out of line ticket, whats the difference? add spice to the game let there be a enemy transfers of surrendered soldiers, held in a captive area, where living is more important then out of line ticket. let players decide, with holding up there rifle over there heads, who can now, no longer shoot. but and enemy can still stab him if he wants, but add that for every prisoner can add prisoner exchange. to that side. ammo was the real issue for both sides, so make it limited a set amount for all including ammo wagons, let players decide if its important to try and steal a ammo wagon, and objective, all one is left with is a bayonet.

I understand WOR is in development, players want objectives, set forth by commanders upon the field, we fight to win. not line up for a line battle. im not saying that isnt useful. its when to do so, based upon the field terrain. Its important to have skirmishers to prevent a rout of the main line, reconnaissance provided by skirmishers, one has to know where the enemy is, so commanders know what to prepare for, what to do next. open up the field of battle, rear guards, were so important, boring, but they can be what saves an attack from the rear, or a stolen wagon. that a player controls to go forth and replenish to troops with ammo, that can be so needed. a valuable target for both sides. a player controlled ambulance wagon, a valuable target, take the doctors off the field, capture them. same with cannons.

Its not about just 1 style game play, line battles only. players want objectives, not timers. I would rather deal with rambo officers again, than deal with a timer, he was either really brave, or stupid, maybe he became so bored of a line battle he just wanted to call it quits. either way, at least a timer wasnt involved. players want to win. get rid of tickets that no one can see till end of game. I hate hearing stand up or you will cause more ticket counts for the team. I want to her take cover behind those rocks, give em lead. to provide less of a target to the enemy. people wont want to play line battles only with no objectives, im not amish, nor a conscientious objector. I dont want to play a game of tag, your it. Oh yes, I use to see 5 plus servers 150 strong, in each, wishing one could get in, to see more servers fill up, now its 1 or 2 with plenty of room to get in. and I hate playing any harpers ferry maps. Ive played them all.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 03-09-2019 at 05:49 PM.

USA General of the Army

I have no desire to worry about playing WOR, until the game has all been finished. The last stand and the blasted TIMERS, has just left a bitter pill for me to swallow. I dont ever play as officer because of that 30 second desertion rule, if you went in with 10 men and you were the last 1 standing, and now have 30 seconds to find enough men to stop you from deserting. this was the effect of of Rambo officers for this update, which I wish rambos were allowed back in. Now we have 20 seconds to get back into the killing box, for the enemy to shoot us, like rabbits tied to a stake, or get deserted. If we were out on the rear or flanks have to make a mad dash rush to become tied rabbits to a stake, or become deserted, when that becomes a game effect of last stand.

We are not allowed to have a kill count, But for the amusement, I see, why is there even a kill count at the end of any match? Just show who WON. The game masters are trying to conform all to play 1 style, 1 long line battle after line battle, till one side is defeated. and people do not wish to to be tied to 1 style of play. skirmishers have no objective but cause higher ticket ratios, which no one can determine, nor see who has the most, till the game end. why a kneeling man causes more ticket ratio versus a standing man? cover and concealment, should be more important, again conforms to what the game masters want. long battle lines facing each other. dont run for cover, dont use cover, and shoot it out. Now I may be getting flag once again by the game masters for my opinion, but oh well, nothing gets fixed if no one says criticism about the game. I have ultimat civil war now to replace WOR for game play and arma 3. taking advice once given by a dev, take a break from WOR.

Why 1 team has the advantage over the other for ticket losses is just another bitter pill for me. With each UPDATE you see masses of players, then 3 days later your lucky to fill just 1 server with half of a 150 man server. and not to many players enjoy on the confederate side like playing any of the harpers ferry maps where all the maps are to the union advantage. another oh well. I love this game, or I wouldnt have paid 850.00 for it, and would have paid more, if I could have gotten the slot for it. now I know its all in development, but i hope they fix the rifle shake, I get when, im standing, or kneeling in smoke. I hope they fix the rifle shake I get, when someone shoots his rifle next to me. having fired many weapons on ranges, this has never ever been an effect, from modern to black powder. i hate that if i ever spawn in on the flag, i get dropped right in front of our men shooting or as a sacrificial lamb for the enemy. I wish i spawned 25 feet way behind the flag, to reload, or fix a bayonet something other to be dropped dead to do it again.

and so many other issues, i hope get fixed when the game is finished. thus why people play, then quit till the next update. It seems to me that the developers only want 1 style of game play, and thats it. I hope when they introduce calvary, you dont get on, then ride 100 feet to get off, what was the point of calvary, lol. in the civil war, calvary was never used against a standing army, or become slaughtered, used on retreating men, or get to a new objective, but there is no objective in line battles only. but i guess a horse would be the best way to get from SPAWN, to the battle Line, slap the horse on the ass and send it back for another rider, then worry about spawning in on the Flag, to be a sacrificial lamb, lol. and you wont be tired. the poor horse though, lol. This has to be a team effort, but individuals cause the team to loose. and I wouldnt be interested in this game at all, if it was line battles only, thats no fun at all.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 03-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.

RhettVito
    You know you could have put that all in one post right lol

USA General of the Army

What would have been the fun of doing that, LOL besides, someone would have said could i have made it longer, lol.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 03-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.

CSA Sergeant

I enjoy it as a bit of a change from skirmish, but I don't really think the core gameplay of WoR works with the gamemode very well, and it doesn't depict a very historically accurate scenario of Civil War combat.
    I do think there could be potential though once private servers are added, as it seems like a good gamemode for Regiment vs. Regiment competitive play.

Definitely would fit regimental style game play. I personally am not a fan, For the type of game mode i think it would be better if the maps were a bit smaller along with the timer. A possible 15 minutes of waiting is a very long downtime....

https://www.twitch.tv/captainteddybear - My twitch channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...CiFAYlhMjuDgRw - CaptainTeddybear's Youtube

https://discord.gg/5yK5hDS - Big Iron Gaming Discord.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BigIronGames - Big Iron Gaming Steam group.