Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. naval battles and 2. strategy part

1. naval battles and 2. strategy part

Hi guys,

I´m from germany and I´ve been a great fan of the american civil war time.
    I really look forward if this game will be released.

Some ideas -
    maybe not for the first version but maybe later...

I like to see naval battle in this nice game.

Why your guys bring not a tactic and strategy part in this game...
    Maybe like the Total War Series or Scourge of War Series.
    And the fight will be in realtime as a shooter...

If I got an early access of this game, I will spend my money

regards from germany

MICHKA

Hallo Michka,
    Willkommen in unserem Forum. Ich glaube wir kennen uns aus der ehemaligen total war zone?

Anyway, there will be no naval battles at first, cause we are featureing the Maryland Campaign of 1862, in which no Naval battles happened.

Also, we are a very small team, so its not possible for us to include such a strategic part. But we dont know, what the future might bring, when our first game will be a great success

USA General of the Army

Why not have a campaign map though that the Generals can use to pick their next battle on. The Yank and Rebels lines can be shifted after battles and it will mean that if a battle is undecided they can come back the next day and fight it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Anyway, there will be no naval battles at first, cause we are featureing the Maryland Campaign of 1862, in which no Naval battles happened.
    So... we may see naval engagements at a later stage?
    Für das Vaterland.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniallator View Post
    So... we may see naval engagements at a later stage?
    Hehe its not planned at the moment. Maybe in a real faaar future..

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, I am glad to not see naval battles. It would be to strange, and what purpose would they serve?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Why not have a campaign map though that the Generals can use to pick their next battle on. The Yank and Rebels lines can be shifted after battles and it will mean that if a battle is undecided they can come back the next day and fight it out again.
    Considering this game features the Maryland Campaign of 1862, and only three battles (I think) at that, a campaign map would seem really unnecessary. If the game had six or seven maps across a broader period of time, then maybe i would suggest that, but a system like what Red Orchestra 2 uses would seem really repetitive and kind of pointless at this stage.

Referring to the line shifting and such after battles, you should elaborate more. It sounds interesting. Do you mean a system like what Ultimate General uses, where it assesses the points you have taken, and formulates a few options of attack in the next engagement?

USA Captain

I wouldnt look forward to getting murdered by this

m1860-cutlass-worn-sailor-on-deck-uss-new-hampshire-s.jpg

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Lackay View Post
    I wouldnt look forward to getting murdered by this

m1860-cutlass-worn-sailor-on-deck-uss-new-hampshire-s.jpg
    Good point ^^

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    Referring to the line shifting and such after battles, you should elaborate more. It sounds interesting. Do you mean a system like what Ultimate General uses, where it assesses the points you have taken, and formulates a few options of attack in the next engagement?
    So what I was thinking was each battle has it's full sized maps available to the high command. At the start of the battle there are no battle lines, no emplacements etc. because both armies are moving into the field and deploying. The battle kicks off with say a two Brigades bumping into one another. On the map there are the objective point ideas we've discussed on another thread. If the battle is inconclusive in the first day then the armies retire and on the high command's maps the known battle lines are drawn up. With this the objective points might change so say one objective was deep behind union lines. It would move into a slightly fairer place but the Union could say score a point for it. If after multiple battles there as been no obvious victor then the point system could be referred to allowing for somebody to claim the field.