Thread: Changing In Game Name?

USA Major

Changing In Game Name?

Is there a way to change the name it displays over your character? I don't know how it came up with the one it used but it looks like part of my email address.

Ken

USA Brigadier General

your current in game name is your steam user name, if you change that to Example: 1stMN Co.B 1stSgt Michaelsmithern that's how it will appear in game.

if this doesn't work i'd suggest sending the Dev team a message about it, as i wouldn't know any other way

USA Major

So far I haven't found a link to something that allows you to edit your account information. There is one for the Forum but not for the game. I am not even sure where they got my in game name from since my username for the game is my email address. The only thing I can figure they used to get the ingame name is they pulled it from my Steam account.

USA Major

Finally found it. It was my Steam profile name that it uses.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Like michaelsmithern said, your in game name is linked to your Steam account. The developers have said however that at some point they would like for each person to have an option to make a name that isn't linked to Steam.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Thanks for this option i will use to change the game name.