Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: BoP: Europe 1914 - [Out-of-character thread]

USA Brigadier General

alright so Numitors post got me thinking, Since romania isn't part of either the Entente or Triple Alliance, or any other major Alliances(Sevastapol and whatnot) would this not mean they aren't tied to the peace deal of any of the major alliances. and would this not mean Romania could in a sense be annexed seperately, due to such a thing?

P.S. please do not take this out of context
    key examples would be "did the ottoman empire just say he wants to annex Romania"

I've got enough problems with the Balkans as is
    Last edited by michaelsmithern; 05-11-2017 at 10:54 PM.

CSA Captain

Romania could choose to either make peace at the same time as the Entente or not. It's up to Theodore.

In a sense yes. Because they dont have our support. The Romanian population could call for surrender sooner. Or fight all thhe harder and form a government in exile and an organized resistance. Ie Spain in the Penisular war. It can go either way but to say the major powers wont have a say is ludicrous. AH wont be able to just annex them. And Romania cant just stay at war til we finish our peacr to annex the remainder of AH or Germany. Its not hoi or eu other nations do have a say in any peace deals. How much of a say is usually dependent on size and purpose.

USA General of the Army

Just to say lads this is another biblical update as a lot of you sent some great plans that I'm going through to make sure I get everything correct. I don't want to upset anyone with any errors which I take full responsibility for (such as the forgetting of the important submarine actions for the Triple Alliance and the forgetting of almost a whole French Army). Please bear with me as I get it all written up for you guys to enjoy. I love how much effort you're all putting into this and I will do my damn best to honour that effort with my own effort!

In regards to Romanian they are a part of the Great European War and are "technically" on the side of the Entente and Co. but they are not a part of either the Entente, Treaty of Savastapol or allied to any nations in those two groups. This is also the same with the Ottoman Empire actually.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eagles62973 View Post
    And Romania cant just stay at war til we finish our peacr to annex the remainder of AH or Germany..

CSA Captain

I think technically the conflict of Germany, Austria-Hungary vs. Romania is entirely separate from the Entente, Treaty of Sevastopol vs Triple Alliance one. Romania is not on the side of anyone in this conflict other than their own.
    They stand alone against their enemies and I think it should be treated as such.
    When it comes to making peace it obviously depends on what the outcome of the war is.
    If the Triple Alliance is triumphant the Romanians will have to see how they get on by themselves just like everybody else.
    If the Entente etc. wins and the result is an uncoditional surrender of the Triple Alliance then the conflict between Germany and Romania might be resolves as part of the peace treaty or, if Romania should decide to simply not accept the proposed peace deals, the conflict will continue.
    Theoretically they could then just march into Austria-Hungary and occupy what they can but will then have to face the reaction of the other European powers.
    If the Entente etc. and the Triple Alliance make a simple peace with concessions on either side then once again Romania will have to deal with the situation itself since it is not bound by an alliance and can therefore only negotiate for itself. (Romania is also the only nation that can negotiate for Romania. Nobody else may do so as long as Romania is a sovereign state.)
    Of course the Entente etc. doesn't have to make peace together as every belligerent nation might decide that a separate peace deal is more beneficial.

Ultimately nobody can make peace for you unless you agree to it.
    And just because you are at war with a nation that already is part of a war doesn't mean that wars "merge" unless Allies and Enemies are the same as in the already existing war.

I'm Indy Neidell, welcome to the Great European War.

USA Sergeant

Aaaaaaand there goes Denmark. One gone, 11 more to go.

takes a glance at Belgium
    Last edited by Sarado; 05-14-2017 at 09:03 PM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Sarado View Post
    Aaaaaaand there goes Denmark. One gone, 11 more to go.
    Don't worry, I'm not gone. My army is......stumpled upon a minor issue. BUT Denmark has not fallen.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers