Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regiments

I need to clear this up. No, we're not going to visually support every single regiment that fought in the campaign of Maryland. I don't think any studio would be able to pull this off - at least not when going for the level of detail that we are. You'll be able to play as all of the regiments in name only.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I need to clear this up. No, we're not going to visually support every single regiment that fought in the campaign of Maryland. I don't think any studio would be able to pull this off - at least not when going for the level of detail that we are. You'll be able to play as all of the regiments in name only.

- Trusty
    So all of the generic volunteer regiments will look essentially the same, just with different names? If that's the case, I'm fine with it.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Well that definitely makes since for units that wore the standard blue and grey, but there were many units that wore zouave uniforms of which not all were the same.
    "The Union..., Must and Shall be Preserved, cost what it may in time, treasure, and blood."- George B. McClellan
    "The Union forever, hurrah boys hurrah, down with the traitors and up with the stars."

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Well that definitely makes since for units that wore the standard blue and grey, but there were many units that wore zouave uniforms of which not all were the same.
    I'm assuming the volunteer units will all have the standard blue for union with multiple variations for the south. Special units that had very well known unique uniforms will probably be visually represented though.

I'm gonna hold my breath until the 11th Mississippi and 3rd Arkansas are added. My life is in your hands developers.
    "Well Govan, if we are to die then let us die like men."

"The order must now be 'follow,' not 'go!'"

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    I'm assuming the volunteer units will all have the standard blue for union with multiple variations for the south. Special units that had very well known unique uniforms will probably be visually represented though.
    So hopefully we should see some bursts of colour from both sides as union Zouves rampage about the field of battle.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    So hopefully we should see some bursts of colour from both sides as union Zouves rampage about the field of battle.
    Indeed, and also some regiments equipped exclusively with hardee hats, and of course the different range of weapons. And think about all of the pretty colors you will see at the southern end of the battlefield

USA General of the Army

Indeed, and also some regiments equipped exclusively with hardee hats, and of course the different range of weapons. And think about all of the pretty colors you will see at the southern end of the battlefield
    The union's deep blue vs the south's 50 shades of grey xD

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Well I could just imagine the range of different colored uniforms if this game was set during the First Battle of Bull Run/Manassas and not the Maryland Campaign. Also that fact that some Union troops were wearing Grey and some Confederates wearing Blue.
    "The Union..., Must and Shall be Preserved, cost what it may in time, treasure, and blood."- George B. McClellan
    "The Union forever, hurrah boys hurrah, down with the traitors and up with the stars."

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Well I could just imagine the range of different colored uniforms if this game was set during the First Battle of Bull Run/Manassas and not the Maryland Campaign. Also that fact that some Union troops were wearing Grey and some Confederates wearing Blue.
    Indeed. It would have been a site to see. I sometimes wish I was alive during that time. As a spectator of course. I would be enjoying a nice midday picnic while observing the blood and death. Actually... I really like computers soooo.