Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Key reloads

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by SemajRednaxela View Post
    Yes to this. Toggle would be a simple and effective solution. Maybe the Toggle could offer those who use manual a potentially quicker reload if they really got the timing down over time etc. Just a suggestion.
    Thats basically the same thing as when you have first and third person, sure you have the option to use first person if you prefer it but you'll be at such a disadvantage against people in third person.

Have you played Receiver? I played it and it is what you're saying. E to take out magazine, tap E again to drop. Press 2 to take fresh magazine, press Z to insert, press R to rack slide. Hold T then R will do brass check. Press V for safety switch. My god that game is awesome. You must try the game and your idea should be considered.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Lloyd View Post
    Have you played Receiver? I played it and it is what you're saying. E to take out magazine, tap E again to drop. Press 2 to take fresh magazine, press Z to insert, press R to rack slide. Hold T then R will do brass check. Press V for safety switch. My god that game is awesome. You must try the game and your idea should be considered.
    See that to me sounds too complicated for this game. But something in between this and pushing 1 button would be nice. Especially with added benefit of manually loading it quickly for a slightly faster reload than automatically loading (although I would still prefer manual reload for everyone to start off with, and see how players adjust to it)
    “Be extremely subtle even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate.”
    ― Sun Tzu

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Faster reloads?

It is an established fact that the best reload time you are going to get regardless of how it's done, is 3 shots a minute with a muzzle loader. That of course will change if you are using breach loaders.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I wouldn't want to see Receiver levels of Control (It's a cool concept but would just be annoying in a competetive Online Game) but I would like to see whats been mentioned (3 steps activated with individual keys, slight speed buff for tapping key at correct time during said stages).

USA Captain

Seems like a nice idea because it would be quite realistic. But I think it might be game breaking at some point when veterans are just slaughtering all the rookies. On the other hand if you are playing in a regiment/company you would actually train that in training camp with your company so it would be cool.
    Last edited by Edvard; 01-24-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Somewhere in the middle. Press R to reload mode, Press 1 to take out catridge, tear it and put it in the barrel. Press 2 to take the ram rod and keep pressing T to ram, Press 3 to put back rod and put new percussion cap. Something like this I suppose.