Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army of Northern Virginia Command Staff

CSA Major

Army of Northern Virginia Command Staff

Hello,

I am looking to assemble a staff of competent, engaged players to work together and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command.

Most players have formed companies, and I see a few divisions are formed, but I have not met any of those individuals in game. It may be they are waiting.

Regardless, if we expect to win battles and avoid the chaos that comes with online warfare (rogue companies, maverick players, & etc.) then there needs to be an organizational structure in place that can formulate rules, and provide competent leadership and service to the players.

Some of the players I have encountered are experienced Civil War reenactors. This is a strong pedigree, but like making a good omelette, you need a few additional ingredients.

Formations will profit if their corps level commanders have experience with simulations such as "Scourge of War," and training games like "Kriegsspiel." These games emphasize the fog of war, the movement of large formations, delayed orders/delivery times, intermittent compliance with orders, scouting operations, and so on.

Commanding a large online battle is going to be a unique experience and to pull it off will require practice, experience, and discipline.

I am presently seeking like-minded, similarly experienced individuals to meet online and develop the skills needed for corps/army level command. I doubt any games will feature a full army, and most will be division on division, but corps are possible.

I wish this group to meet online at least once or twice per week in War of Rights. I am keenly interested in people with the following experience: Civil War reenacting, Scourge of War experience, Kriegsspiel experience. An actual military background would prove helpful as well.

Please post to this thread if you are interested. Activities will include scouting the field, study of the battle, study of tactics, the development of professional rapport with company commanders, and so on. I may umpire some online Kriegsspiels for you to improve skills.

The last thing anyone wants is a circus. There will be a time and a place for that, but count me out. I am looking for a fun, but serious experience and hope other players are willing to share the same. If so, post here and let's organize.

USA General of the Army

So basically you want to run everything?

CSA Captain

Army and Corps level organizations are/will be completely impossible with server constraints. Division levels are already pushing it and may become impossible when we find out more about the game's limits.

CSA Major

Our brigade will be organized and ready. Haven't met you in-game either ..
    What field do you want to scout?
    Study tactics? Maybe start a company first start your learning process there.

Serious group: Independent Brigade are active serious en organized

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    Our brigade will be organized and ready. Haven't met you in-game either ..
    What field do you want to scout?
    Study tactics? Maybe start a company first start your learning process there.

Serious group: Independent Brigade are active serious en organized
    Hang on. So you don't even know who this guy is and you're throwing yourself before him as your master?

CSA Captain

Getting juicy...
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Hang on. So you don't even know who this guy is and you're throwing yourself before him as your master?
    No blindscot
    The man is saying there aren't any organized brigades in-game. I am stating that there is.
    What field does the man want to scout? I don't know there is not a playable skirmish map to be seen so it makes no sense to scout a drill camp.
    He wants to be a big boss maybe he needs to start a little smaller then that. So maybe he should start with a company first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Getting juicy...
    Yeah always seems to be when the bravescot enters the forums.............
    Last edited by Leifr; 04-08-2017 at 07:05 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Hello,

I am looking to assemble a staff of competent, engaged players to work together and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command.

Most players have formed companies, and I see a few divisions are formed, but I have not met any of those individuals in game. It may be they are waiting.

Regardless, if we expect to win battles and avoid the chaos that comes with online warfare (rogue companies, maverick players, & etc.) then there needs to be an organizational structure in place that can formulate rules, and provide competent leadership and service to the players.

Some of the players I have encountered are experienced Civil War reenactors. This is a strong pedigree, but like making a good omelette, you need a few additional ingredients.

Formations will profit if their corps level commanders have experience with simulations such as "Scourge of War," and training games like "Kriegsspiel." These games emphasize the fog of war, the movement of large formations, delayed orders/delivery times, intermittent compliance with orders, scouting operations, and so on.

Commanding a large online battle is going to be a unique experience and to pull it off will require practice, experience, and discipline.

I am presently seeking like-minded, similarly experienced individuals to meet online and develop the skills needed for corps/army level command. I doubt any games will feature a full army, and most will be division on division, but corps are possible.

I wish this group to meet online at least once or twice per week in War of Rights. I am keenly interested in people with the following experience: Civil War reenacting, Scourge of War experience, Kriegsspiel experience. An actual military background would prove helpful as well.

Please post to this thread if you are interested. Activities will include scouting the field, study of the battle, study of tactics, the development of professional rapport with company commanders, and so on. I may umpire some online Kriegsspiels for you to improve skills.

The last thing anyone wants is a circus. There will be a time and a place for that, but count me out. I am looking for a fun, but serious experience and hope other players are willing to share the same. If so, post here and let's organize.
    you should start with building your own company before you head straight to a whole army command position
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    Yeah always seems to be when the bravescot enters the forums.............
    Naw, come on now, it's all in good fun.

Best of luck!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    you should start with building your own company before you head straight to a whole army command position
    indeed exactly what i meant

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Naw, come on now, it's all in good fun.

Best of luck!
    Yeah your right Lance.
    Last edited by Leifr; 04-08-2017 at 07:04 PM.