Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army of Northern Virginia Command Staff

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    No blindscot
    The man is saying there aren't any organized brigades in-game. I am stating that there is.
    What field does the man want to scout? I don't know there is not a playable skirmish map to be seen so it makes no sense to scout a drill camp.
    He wants to be a big boss maybe he needs to start a little smaller then that. So maybe he should start with a company first.
    If you read the op...Neal never mentions a lack of any previous existing organisations. I also don't understand why you always seem to want to start a fight and insulting me as well. It will only end bad for you as I got no intentions of lowering myself to your standards.

CSA Major

I know there are companies and divisions.

I have a lot of experience playing and running games at the division level and above.

I've managed groups and organizations, and I umpire full scale Kriegsspiel games.

My point is, the nature of the beast is much different than company command.

I imagine most of you understand this. I also imagine some of you have similar credentials/expertise.

Let's get together and organize.

If there is no organization at the side level, we risk experiences that will diminish the community.

Anyway, we have to start somewhere, sometime. Why not now?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    ... and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command. ...
    Greetings Sir, Being as how this endeavor is based on the 1862 Maryland Campaign of the Army of Northern Virginia as commanded by Gen'l R.E. Lee, and sent afield by the War Department and the government of the Confederate States of America, his Honorable Jefferson Davis President, you are aware, (or at least should be aware if you're any kind of an actual historian,) that the Corps organization was not legally recognized by the C.S.A. at the time of this particular campaign.

Therefore your endeavors to create something that did not exist at the time would put you in direct conflict with the ideals of the developers who are designing this game to emulate as much authenticity as possible. That being the case, Divisions are the largest legally recognized organizations in the Confederate Military.

... The last thing anyone wants is a circus. ..
    Too late for this already, a read on either company forums pages for the U.S.A. and the C.S. A. will find over 100 organizations that did not exist at the time of the Maryland campaign, OR, if they did exist, they were not part of the organizations that participated in the 1862 Maryland Campaign. Therefore those players who want to play on full authenticity, may more likely not invite over 100 different organizations to play on their servers. But on the other hand, that means there are over 100 non-authentic organizations that want to play a fantasy game rather than authenticity as the developers have hoped and intended. So in closing, it's already somewhat of a circus.

Respectfully
    Powell.

CSA Major

Well, I stand corrected. LOL

Still hope to play at the higher level. It's what I know and am comfortable with. I don't have to command, but hope to be part of that experience.

CSA Major

Evening Neal.
    I understand and appreciate your efforts here but I'm afraid Mr A.P Hill has beat me to the punch. I would heartily advise that you first join an established company that is embedded in an existing brigade (suggest Hill's Light Division) and find your feet. It really would be the best course of action and, were one to prove one's self, I am sure that there would an opportunity for advancement.

As for Profender et all, please do not double-post. Remain civil and cordial to one another at all times, petty sniping suggests nothing but a weakness in character.

USA Captain

Well, I stand corrected. LOL

Still hope to play at the higher level. It's what I know and am comfortable with. I don't have to command, but hope to be part of that experience.
    Might I suggest creating your own company instead and leading it, potentially, it could grow into a regiment if it becomes so popular and you could fulfill playing at a higher level.

Moreover, you did state "If there is no organization at the side level" though it is evident that there are a plethora of organizations dedicated to bringing together the community, some of these, as mentioned previously by 'Profender'​, are already in full swing.

CSA Major

Fair enough, good advice.

Who's looking for an organizer with time and energy?

USA Captain

Fair enough, good advice.

Who's looking for an organizer with time and energy?
    If you would like, this thread has been specifically created with the aim of advertising:

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ompany-members

CSA Major

Thank you, I'll take a look.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    And though it's been a while since I've updated these, most of the currently occupied units can be found in either of these two places.
    Confederate Orders of Battle
    Union Orders of Battle