View Poll Results: Yay or Nay to this idea?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

37 84.09%
  • Nay

7 15.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "War-torn Clothing"

USA Major

"War-torn Clothing"

Here is an idea I came up with, but I don't think much of it. I figured I'd share it anyways. Lets say you've been playing the game for less then 2 hours, well it shows in your clothes. Once you've been playing the game for more then lets say 48 hours, maybe the clothing you wear looks dirtier, or has some blood stains or some holes in it. You show off your experience through clothes that represent the hours played in the game. The clothes wouldn't get so destroyed that your half naked, but rather a few tears and blood stains here and there.
    Member of Timberwolf Brigade

CSA Major

I think it should be an option but maybe not forced upon the player. Some players may want to have a nice fresh uniform.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

It would interesting for "battle damage" to be thrown into the spawning system, so that the later in their spawns a company is, the more and more people will spawn with things like ripped and bloodied clothes and bandages.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    It would interesting for "battle damage" to be thrown into the spawning system, so that the later in their spawns a company is, the more and more people will spawn with things like ripped and bloodied clothes and bandages.
    I actually really like this idea. It would definitely help give the feel of a battle.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    I just want to say that, this is what I'm looking for but clothes shouldn't be so torn that it's completely unrealistic.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I think it should be an option but maybe not forced upon the player. Some players may want to have a nice fresh uniform.
    I agree with you as well. Some company captains or NCO's may not want their men in a blood-stained option. However I do find this idea favorable by the community.

USA Lieutenant General

Tactical try not to double post please. its kinda frowned upon this forum. But anyways they are already implementing this some way or another.

- Kyle

The idea itself sounds good.

I could imagine that at the beginning of a battle, the soldiers uniforms are completely clean and after some "deaths" and respawns it will be from time to time more dirty.

USA Lieutenant General

I discussed with the devs that there should be some sort of veteran unlocks that once you reach certain levels you will be able to unlock said battle torn clothing.

- Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I discussed with the devs that there should be some sort of veteran unlocks that once you reach certain levels you will be able to unlock said battle torn clothing.

- Kyle
    Just to clarify: we have made no such announcement nor is it something we're currently looking into.

- Trusty