View Poll Results: Yay or Nay to this idea?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

37 84.09%
  • Nay

7 15.91%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "War-torn Clothing"

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Just to clarify: we have made no such announcement nor is it something we're currently looking into.

- Trusty
    I know this, I was just stating is was is suggestion that I an a few others talked about when we were sitting over the campfire a while back. I should have made that more clearer. My bad sorry

-Kyle

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    We don't need "war torn" clothing. The U.S. Quartermaster Department produced so many uniforms so fast, and the Union Generals were always so kind as to leave a few 10 thousand or so in every supply depot that got raided and sucked dry with each Confederate raid. There was never a need for "war torn" clothing.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    We don't need "war torn" clothing. The U.S. Quartermaster Department produced so many uniforms so fast, and the Union Generals were always so kind as to leave a few 10 thousand or so in every supply depot that got raided and sucked dry with each Confederate raid. There was never a need for "war torn" clothing.
    I imagine, though, that you'd get some soldiers looking like the guy on the right.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Brigadier General

I don't mind the idea, however, the confederates would probably be the ones with any kinda of "war-torn" clothing, even then it is torn, maybe worn down a slight bit, but they usually did good with keeping their clothes in shape, after all, they wore them almost if not every day, the Union, as stated by A.P. Hill I think, well they had pretty good QM's. I do however see an option in having war-torn clothing being implemented as a variable in firefights, nothing important about this, it would just be nice to see bullet holes in uniforms of dead/wounded soldiers, or even on Uninjured soldiers where bullets whizzed through without striking them, However, it's not a necessity

I don't really mind the idea either, but I don't really think it's something necessary. As Hill already mentioned, fresh uniforms were quickly dispatched, so there wasn't really much of an issue. I don't think that the developers have the time or resources to dedicate to making this right now anyways, I believe they've got more important things on their plate, especially since the skirmishes are allegedly supposed to be coming out soon. But perhaps something they can look back at in the future? I also don't really think everyone would fancy having war-torn uniforms. I personally would prefer seeing fresh uniforms, but that's just my personal taste.

USA Colonel

I don't think it's too bad of an idea, although if it is implemented I think it would only really work on a smaller scale that resets every time you play a battle, not something that you can change in customization or progresses towards your profile. An example of how i think it could work is if say you participate in a charge and you lose your hat, and then you have to fight the rest of that battle without a hat or wait until some sort of resupply.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeow View Post
    I don't think it's too bad of an idea, although if it is implemented I think it would only really work on a smaller scale that resets every time you play a battle, not something that you can change in customization or progresses towards your profile. An example of how i think it could work is if say you participate in a charge and you lose your hat, and then you have to fight the rest of that battle without a hat or wait until some sort of resupply.
    Thanks captain of the 51st New York Company A "Shepard Rifles." Your idea would be neat to have implemented in the game as well.
    Member of Timberwolf Brigade

I think a Long term/permanent and a short term thing should be available for this idea. If you die in a battle but respawn in the same one, maybe add a blood stain on, but when you enter a new game/event it erases but you are given the option to attach a bandage on the wounded area if you lived throughout that battle. Or for whenever you are wounded seriously but survive, you unlock a bandage or wound mark type of thing you can attach to your uniform like we had the eyepatches and cigars in N&S. I've always loved the idea of getting shot in the arm and patching it up. But yes I would love ideas like this. I'm keeping the temporary and permanent ideas in mind. More ideas just throwing out there... Wounded in a game, medical system!!! Patch it up! and where you were stabbed is left with a tear which you can possibly sew up or fix. Or just cover with dried blood(or both). MAYBE even a currency system where you are paid monthly(like they were) based on your enlistment or commision. And use that money to purchase uniforms and personal items and things to fix your uniform and SO MUCH MOREEE... Just keep the ideas coming!!!!!!!!!!

CSA Major

All of those ideas have been previously discussed (many to death) and exhausted.