Thread: Any chance for (poor hardware) crash optimization?

Any chance for (poor hardware) crash optimization?

Dont get me wrong, I would understand not really improving the optimization any more at this point, however will it happen? In my current situation I can only use a pretty "meh" laptop, and I average about 20 fps in game. I do not mind the fps in the slightest, but it is the pretty constant crashes that, of course, I hate. I would even take 12 fps max in game if it ment no crashes.

I am assuming the many CTDs I've gotten in the skormish are mostly due to its bugginess, however I do not believe most other people were experiencing it as bad as I was.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

It definitely has to be due to the alpha stage. I would imagine things will get better. I know I had a lot of crashes during skirmish but I've also had 2-3 more patches hit since and I am not using a "meh" laptop so I would just give it some time.

I run at like 70fps on high and it still crashes every round or sometimes doesn't even last 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Colum O'Brien View Post
    I run at like 70fps on high and it still crashes every round or sometimes doesn't even last 10 seconds.
    Has nothing to do with the performance on your end. It's server related.

- Trusty

I see. To that extreme? If so, thanks.

Though the point still stands, if possible (and, most impportantly, if you want to) any and all optimization for low end rigs is massively appreciated.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    I see. To that extreme? If so, thanks.

Though the point still stands, if possible (and, most impportantly, if you want to) any and all optimization for low end rigs is massively appreciated.

Possibily, although not with the low spec systems in mind in particular. The game is already extremely bare bones at the lowest graphical settings - looking rather unattractive to be honest. :P

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I would suspect that Cryengine, being as new as it is as a core would require higher spec systems ... so there's only so much optimization that can be done for low spec systems. About 6 updates ago I lost the ability to get in game.

Time is coming, I'm buying parts and pieces now.