Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cries of Death on the battlefield.

Exclamation Cries of Death on the battlefield.

I know that there will be cries of dying soldiers on the game, but what will they sound like? I picture some screaming for their moms or their girlfriends/wives. There are so many possibilities, but if I were to name them I would sound like a psychopath, lol. Maybe in the next dev update we could have a sample of this. I am also wondering if there will be war cries in the game? Like the Rebel Yell, the Yankee Yell, and many regiments had their own yell they did in battle, so will we be seeing any of these in the game?

USA Captain

I agree with this, war-crys and other calls would be amazing... but also it might take away from the experience if you were ordered to charge and you all stopped to sort through a menu on which war cry to use lol. Maybe a simple "hit a button and listen to random war-cry" system would work like in M&B: NW. You just hit "C" and there would be a randomized war-cry, that would be relating to your regiment, unit, corps, company, army, ect... that would be cool .

With cries of death... it is actually kind of funny but creepy that you thought of that . I'd imagine they would just be simple screams of pain or people drowning in their blood (The usual ). Because if cries for family and loved ones and death and regret happened every time a person got shot then we would probably go insane. If the "real deal" can scar a person for a lifetime, PTSD for example, in just one small fight... then imagine us who play it over and over and over again lol. It may just be a game but if they are realistic enough to the point where you feel sad or bad for the virtual avatars that are being killed and dieing all around you, then that is where it becomes an issue nd you should draw the line .

Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerican View Post
    I agree with this, war-crys and other calls would be amazing... but also it might take away from the experience if you were ordered to charge and you all stopped to sort through a menu on which war cry to use lol. Maybe a simple "hit a button and listen to random war-cry" system would work like in M&B: NW. You just hit "C" and there would be a randomized war-cry, that would be relating to your regiment, unit, corps, company, army, ect... that would be cool .

With cries of death... it is actually kind of funny but creepy that you thought of that . I'd imagine they would just be simple screams of pain or people drowning in their blood (The usual ). Because if cries for family and loved ones and death and regret happened every time a person got shot then we would probably go insane. If the "real deal" can scar a person for a lifetime, PTSD for example, in just one small fight... then imagine us who play it over and over and over again lol. It may just be a game but if they are realistic enough to the point where you feel sad or bad for the virtual avatars that are being killed and dieing all around you, then that is where it becomes an issue nd you should draw the line .
    I agree, but not every person would be yelling the same thing. Some may not scream anything they just say "Guh". lol! I think it would be very interesting to lead troops through the Cornfield while men around you are screaming, because it would make it really authentic.

Can't wait to hear the rebel yell

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I can't imagine a civil war game WITHOUT the rebel yell!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    I can't imagine a civil war game WITHOUT the rebel yell!
    The Rebel Yell shall live on forever!

USA General of the Army

Could you imagine if they ended up releasing this with no rebel yell implemented.

USA Major

i love realsm (blood cries destroyed boddys ....... ) but i think it should be possible to turn the diying crys on and off and other realsmstuff for guys who donīt want it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    i love realsm (blood cries destroyed boddys ....... ) but i think it should be possible to turn the diying crys on and off and other realsmstuff for guys who donīt want it ^^
    "OH GOD I'VE BEEN SHOT! HELP ME MOMMY! THESE DANG YANKS HAVE KILLED YOUR BABY BOY! I'M GONNA BE WITH GRAMPA SOON!!! TAKE ME LORD JESUS!!!" That is one possible thing we could hear on the battlefield.

USA General of the Army

"S*** Sarge' I got hit"
    "Well that was careless of you wasn't it"