Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test your Civil War knowledge

CSA Captain

Liberia wasn't even colonized like other lands in Africa because most of the nations recognized it as a colony of USA and left it alone.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

19 out of 35. Mostly messed up on the questions about exact dates and amount of soldiers and what have you. As well as two that I knew the answer to but doubted myself.

I'm impressed that this site dared to mention that Lincoln intended to move African Americans to another country.
    Last edited by Saccadon; 05-22-2017 at 03:30 AM.
    Recruit Saccadon (Soldier name Daniel R. Rigdon)
    50th Georgia Volunteer Infantry - Company G

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Saccadon View Post
    19 out of 35. Mostly messed up on the questions about exact dates and amount of soldiers and what have you. As well as two that I knew the answer to but doubted myself.

I'm impressed that this site dared to mention that Lincoln intended to move African Americans to another country.
    You mean the "Great" President Lincoln would have done such a thing? If this surprises you, I'm guessing you may not have heard of the Corwin Amendment? If you have, kudos, not many people seem to have heard of the amendment that would have made it impossible to abolish "domestic institutions of the state"....all in the name of a last ditch effort to reunite his great Union prior to the bombardment of Ft. Sumter. States actually ratified this amendment also, like Maryland. And it was such a black eye on Maryland that 152 years after it was ratified, the state legislature moved to rescind the ratification.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Brigadier General

34 of 35 I was doing so well but i read the question about fort sumter to quickly and thought it said fort fisher. so when it asked how many died, i put more than 0(Minus the two who died when a cannon exploded)

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    If this surprises you, I'm guessing you may not have heard of the Corwin Amendment?
    I had heard there was an "original 13th ammendment" that would've made it impossible to abolish slavery that was proposed under Lincoln but I never knew the name of it
    Recruit Saccadon (Soldier name Daniel R. Rigdon)
    50th Georgia Volunteer Infantry - Company G

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Saccadon View Post
    I had heard there was an "original 13th ammendment" that would've made it impossible to abolish slavery that was proposed under Lincoln but I never knew the name of it
    Oh, it wasn't just proposed under Lincoln. He had his share to do with it also.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Lieutenant General

35/35. A couple made me have to pause and think but I'm glad I watch so many documentaries.