Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC Builds

CSA Captain

PC Builds

Soon I might plan on building my own PC, I've been looking around for some good builds and came up with this, not that expensive, good hardware, and is compatible. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BHndcc

What do y'all think of it? I'm trying to find the most cost effective PC build and I won't mind the suggestion if y'all have any. If y'all have a better PC build in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing it either.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

A Pentium is nowhere near a gaming CPU. If you want to run games well for a long time, I would suggest at least an i5. It's a lot more money, it's worth it though.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWarband View Post
    A Pentium is nowhere near a gaming CPU. If you want to run games well for a long time, I would suggest at least an i5. It's a lot more money, it's worth it though.
    Agreed. I have an I5 3570k and it's never failed me. It's also not that expensive.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Hell until about 4 updates ago, I had been playing the game on a year 2002 build system with an Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.4ghz with 4 gig of ram and a GTX 970.

I'm running a windows 10 pro @ 64 bit O.S. on this system.

But the programming has gotten to video intensive for me now and I crash to a dead cold unpowered state when trying to get in game.

I'm slowly specifying a new system.

CSA Captain

This is what I came up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sTQv7h

Thanks to kyle for some help specifying
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

I don't know what you're looking at in terms of a budget of what kind of rig you want to build, but you can save a few hundred dropping down to a Strix or EVGA 1070 instead of the 1080. If you want to save more, you can try the new AMD Ryzen processors, I have not personally had any experience with them, but they have been very well received. Also, 1000W is a little overkill on the power supply. A 750-800W one should be fine.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    I don't know what you're looking at in terms of a budget of what kind of rig you want to build, but you can save a few hundred dropping down to a Strix or EVGA 1070 instead of the 1080. If you want to save more, you can try the new AMD Ryzen processors, I have not personally had any experience with them, but they have been very well received. Also, 1000W is a little overkill on the power supply. A 750-800W one should be fine.
    I concur. The cost of this rig is way more than the worth you will get out of it in my opinion. You can drop this cost to to 1000 - 1,200 and have it last for years. I had a PC from 2008-2009 and it is still lasting me. all i had to do was upgrade the graphics card, really.
    Capt. Frederick Cox

44th Georgia Infantry Regiment
    Doles Brigade
    Army of Northern Virginia

State of Georgia

Confederate States of America

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    This is what I came up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sTQv7h

Thanks to kyle for some help specifying
    You are most welcome. With that build you wont need a PC for a while and should be able to play any game on the market on ultra

I spent 3,500 on my most recent build with a 4K monitor. 1200-1400 will get you a decent PC but you know I've had "decent" PC's in the past. There is a big difference in what a "decent" PC can do and a top of the line PC can do

- Kyle
    Last edited by Kyle422; 06-06-2017 at 01:02 AM.

USA General of the Army

Depends on what you're doing, if you're gaming in 4k with VR or 1080p with wide monitors then yeah you need the horsepower to make it all work. If you're working towards something, you can upgrade over time. That's how I've been doing mine for the past 8 years, and I've had no complaints.