Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reduction of bloom/sunglare

USA Major

Reduction of bloom/sunglare

This is probably a small one, but I would ask for a decrease of the bloom effect. The bloom in addition with the temporal AA (which also softens the picture in movement) and depth of field + motion blur give quite a greasy 50ies lovescene look and also make it really hard to see clear more that 50 yards away. I am aware that switching off depth of field and motion blur can help aswell, but I still think that the bloom effect is a bit too strong. Almost Everything shimmers and doesn't stop to do so even if you look at it longer than 2 seconds. It's great to have that HDR effect when leaving a darker, shadowed area and step into the light. This simulates the eye quite well already (and could imho even a bit stronger) while the bloom doesn't help the realism.

Thanks for your time if you read this

CSA Major

I find this to be the greatest criticism many have of WoR when seen in media. I agree with you very much Gamble.

USA Captain

I approve.

Middle to long distance shots are so hard with that.

USA Captain

So totally agree.

To me the game is at this time unplayable. After switching off motion blur and DOF: The "dynamic blur changer" randomly applies total blur to various areas, making me feel like I forgot to wear my glasses. The other (aforementioned) effects turn my entire screen so blurry that I simply do not see anything beyond 10 feet. Neither can I recognize the soldiers next to me - blurry faces - nor do I have ANY chance to shoot the tiny enemy pixels farther away, because I simply can't see them through the massive "soft-blur" world.

I know you meant good, devs, and wanted to present beautiful effects, but sorry, they are not realistic and don't look goo at all, but just ruin the game. Please let us turn HDR, bloom, blurs of any kinds, etc. off!

USA Major

Just to clarify: I am all for realisticly blinding effects and I absolutely am against them being optionable. An example would be an attack or charge over a hilltop with the sun in the back of the attackers. People defending whatever position it may be should definitely be blinded by the sun, no matter what graphics level they chose (so in the best case the effect would have the same brightness in low, medium, high or whatever graphical option). Same should be applied (and is at the moment afaik) for foliage, tree density, darkness of shadows etc.
    I just think that the bloom in the current state doesn't work so well, especially in combination with said effects and graphical options I mentioned in my first post.

I agree with this as well. Played last night and it was like a STRONNGG hazey looking thing. it was almost giving me a headache. I'm all for realism but man that stuff it super strong. need to be dialed down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFacePwn View Post
    I agree with this as well. Played last night and it was like a STRONNGG hazey looking thing. it was almost giving me a headache. I'm all for realism but man that stuff it super strong. need to be dialed down a bit.
    The bloom has been reduced by 70%. We're not about to reduce it further. Are you sure you didn't sprint until your character was exhausted and thus got a blurry vision? If you're sentitive to effects I would suggest you to turn off motion blur, dynamic depth of field and make sure you have a wide field of view.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Yeah I agree. I'm getting nauseous/headaches from the blur effect that for whatever reason I can't turn off.

Please check out the latest patch.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

At this moment (after last patch), I have no issue with the level of bloom. I would be happy to keep it as is.