Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't join servers with higher population

USA Captain

Exclamation Can't join servers with higher population

AMERICAN TELEGRAPH COMPANY

TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH MESSAGES ARE RECEIVED BY THIS COMPANY FOR TRANSMISSION

The public are notified that, in order to guard against mistakes in the transmission of messages, every message of importance ought to be repeated by being sent back from the station at which it is to be received to the station from which it is originally sent. Half the usual price for transmission will be charged for repeating the message, and while this Company, will as heretofore, use every precaution to ensure correctness, it will not be responsible for mistakes or delays in the transmission or delivery of unrepeated messages, from whatever cause they may arise, nor for delays arising from interruptions in the workings of its telegraphs, nor for any mistake or omission of any other Company over whose lines a message is to be sent to reach the place of destination. All messages will hereafter be received by this Company for transmission subject to the above conditions.

J. KENDALL Gen'l Sup't
    E. S. SANFORD, Pres't,

145 BROADWAY, N. Y.
    145 BROADWAY, N. Y.

ATTN: To whom it may concern:

My game has recently started working, thanks to the assistance of the folks here, but I have one rather stark issue that has arisen.

I have found that I am unable to join servers with a higher population. I have noted that, while by myself, my FPS is perfect, no freezes, etc., but when others start to join, it begins to drop. Eventually, when reaching around 7 to 8 and higher, the FPS will drop to around 1, then the game will freeze, and it will either crash or I will have to force the exit. This has been consistent. As a result, I have rarely been able to partake in the true skirmishes. If anyone has a solution to this, it would be appreciated. I noticed that another person on a server I was on (who has the same graphics processor as I) has the same (or similar?) issue.

My specifications are as follows:
    GTX 860M graphics processor
    Windows 10 x64 bit
    i7 Processor
    8GB RAM

Any advice?

Please excuse the American Telegraph Company header, I figured I'd be creative, as this is my first bug report post.
    Becoming more active in the WoR field as of late, hesitant to join a unit, however.

Interesting looking bug report. :P

You say you experience issues when you hit 7-8 fps. That is most likely due your fps being so low in the first place. Have you turned all settings down to the bare minimum?

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Interesting looking bug report. :P

You say you experience issues when you hit 7-8 fps. That is most likely due your fps being so low in the first place. Have you turned all settings down to the bare minimum?

- Trusty
    Sorry Trusty, I meant players on the server, not frames. Should have specified. I can run the game on high with acceptable frames, but it performs better in general on medium-ish.
    Becoming more active in the WoR field as of late, hesitant to join a unit, however.

USA Captain

I just tested a similar one, joining a server with relatively high player count. Very similar result. "Map loading..." screen, finishes, then black screen, then frozen/not responding, etc. etc., forced exit.

Any solutions? Anyone with a similar issue? It's become quite bothersome.

Do you press any keys while you have the black screen? Given it a few minutes?

- Trusty

USA Captain

Do you press any keys while you have the black screen? Given it a few minutes?

- Trusty
    I just let it run, didn't press anything. I have given it at least 20 minutes on one occasion, though it often ends in the game closing by itself. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes never. The game is in windowed mode, by the way. I don't think that makes a difference though.

Please set everything to as low settings as possible.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Please set everything to as low settings as possible.

- Trusty
    That doesn't make a difference, I've tried that already. I did just note that I get lag spikes when players join and leave. Perhaps the high(er) number of players contributes to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Oberst View Post
    That doesn't make a difference, I've tried that already. I did just note that I get lag spikes when players join and leave. Perhaps the high(er) number of players contributes to the issue.
    Everyone get those. It's a core engine related issue that will take time to fix. It is hardly to blame for you not being able to load a map.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Everyone get those. It's a core engine related issue that will take time to fix. It is hardly to blame for you not being able to load a map.

- Trusty
    Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if it was something only I was experiencing.