Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flags Serving a Purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hehe, always fishing for development news, aren't you Rithal? But, I am happy to say that I can answer you this time.

There will be flags in game.
    WOW Really? I didn't think they would be in a historically accurate Civil War game! =D jk jk. I shall have a Flag Bearer and a Medic and Drummer in my Lines. Watch out Yanks!

CSA Lieutenant General

I like that, but I think people should be able to respawn out of those areas as well to make the gunfights longer and charges and pushes possible if timed right by the officer.

USA Captain

I would be fine with just a buff from the flags :P

USA Captain

Or you could go all Mel Gibson and kill 20 people using the flag

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldestroyer View Post
    Or you could go all Mel Gibson and kill 20 people using the flag
    Or not because that would be pointless

CSA Colonel

Respawn point would be a great idea for the flag, plus if the flag were dropped and not picked up or captured by the enemy mobile respawn would cease for that unit until they could respawn.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Respawn point would be a great idea for the flag, plus if the flag were dropped and not picked up or captured by the enemy mobile respawn would cease for that unit until they could respawn.
    I recon the General and his staff's HQ should be the respawn point. As he moves about the battlefield and sets up a forward HQ it moves the spawn from point to point meaning the General could make a risk and come closer to the battle to try and have a closer spawn point at risk to his life

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I recon the General and his staff's HQ should be the respawn point. As he moves about the battlefield and sets up a forward HQ it moves the spawn from point to point meaning the General could make a risk and come closer to the battle to try and have a closer spawn point at risk to his life
    Nah. I feel like the HQ would be way too far from the fighting. I mean, historically they were usually several miles behind the front line I believe. Imagine walking that just to get back to the fight only to get shot again XD
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRithal View Post
    Nah. I feel like the HQ would be way too far from the fighting. I mean, historically they were usually several miles behind the front line I believe. Imagine walking that just to get back to the fight only to get shot again XD
    Several miles? Please explain me, why so many division and even corps commanders died in the war
    Longstreet had his head quarter about 500 metres from the front line, at Antietam.
    Jackson was nearly killed by a round shot, which hit the ground next to him.

Major General Mansfield and Richardson were both mortally wounded, cause they were that close to the fighting lines at Antietam.

"You can't lead from behind"

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Several miles? Please explain me, why so many division and even corps commanders died in the war
    Longstreet had his head quarter about 500 metres from the front line, at Antietam.
    Jackson was nearly killed by a round shot, which hit the ground next to him.

Major General Mansfield and Richardson were both mortally wounded, cause they were that close to the fighting lines at Antietam.

"You can't lead from behind"
    I mean like, full general's HQ's. Not like, division, corps, ect. McClellan was probably a little father than 500 meters from the fighting. While Mansfield and Richardson indeed were both mortally wounded, neither of them were in there "HQ" when the event took place. In Mansfield's situation he was extremely too close to the front line for anyone's comfort and definitely did not need to be there XD

It is all situational though. While some officers were noted to have lead from the front, others probably stayed back and "chilled" while their men were gunned down. XD
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia